Has this site really helped you?

Options
13»

Replies

• lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    This site is amazing. It has many many layers of awesome. It work. It worked for me, it has worked for thousands of people, at least 20 of them who are on my friends list. Bust your *kitten*, rely on your friends. Don't eat a bag of chips, go onto the forums or your news feed, and rely on the help of your friends. People who are going through the same exact thing.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. I am on here all day. It is like facebook for lifestyle changes!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    YES! This helped me a lot. Without this site I would have no support, plus it's harder to count calories. It's so easy on the app.

If I was still dieting alone, I'd be clueless on the amount of calories I can eat while still losing weight. I would be sticking to 1,200 or under, constantly be "breaking" my diet, and wouldn't be fully aware of how much my workouts burn.

With the help of people on here and calorie counting, I've lost 15 lbs. I have about 25 lbs left to lose.
  • ChadB74
    ChadB74 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    oh it works.....just log your food in and stay within your calorie goal....
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Between this site and working with a trainer I lost 70 lbs. The trainer helped with workouts but I give most of my success to this site and learning the science behind calories in and calories out. The forums and pals are fun, but the tracking is what did it for me. I guess the reason I never met my goals before, is I just never fully resolved to do so.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    YES! Was never able to do it so well before and stay where I want to be. Ever. Never could have done it so relatively easily without MFP. And yes, other than my gym buddies, I go it alone. And don't mind a bit. Everyone's kind of astounded at how I look now. Yay MFP!
  • hobbitgrrl
    hobbitgrrl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The site has helped. The most help, to me, is logging the food and getting an accurate calorie count. I mostly read the message boards for entertainment from like-minded people.

^^ Exactly this. I've logged in for 270 days & lost 69.2 lbs...it does work if you're willing to do your share of the work too. Best of luck to you! :)
  • teletubbie87
    teletubbie87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It has helped me to learn about how poor my eating habits were.
    First, I was eating very few amount of calories and I am learning to incorporate
    more calories into my diet so I stay healthy and the weight I lose will stay off and not come back.
    Even when I haven't been here long, 2mths in fact, I have already lost 11pds which is good for me.
    I lost 30pds prior to MFP but I was still eating a lot of junk, just starving myself.

Now I am learning to make better healthy choices, and do it not just to be "skinny" but
    to be healthy and learned what is in every food I eat which is really cool so I can control my cholesterol intake,
    and my sugar which I really don't want to go off the roof.
  • Innerautumn
    Innerautumn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    HECK YA!!! 235 days of logging has taken me from 163 to 124, from a snug size 12 to a loose size 4, from out of breath climbing stairs to burpees! MFP is incredible! Many thanks to whoever thought of and created this site!
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    This site was so helpful to me...not only to track daily calories, but the site seems to pull people together so we don't go it alone.

And, I really wasn't concerned with adding exercise to my daily plan, until I saw people just like me, weighing more than I did, getting out of the house and walking. It was the most freeing thing I have ever done for myself.

And the setup works just like Facebook so it was easy to navigate, easy to find things, and seamless getting in and using the tools. The recipe function helped in getting me to really stay on track AND eating some of the foods my family enjoys. Just knowing that I could calculate the different parts of a meal, using low calorie and some fat free items that did not change the taste of our favorite dishes and SEEING the difference in the bottom line.

I love this place!!!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    MFP has given me accountability as well as a guideline to follow. Before, I was doing it all on my own...and accountable only to myself....which wasn't helpful. And until I came here, I never tracked food or exercise. Definitely a major factor in my current success.
  • vickiandrews
    vickiandrews Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    It certainly has helped. No matter how many times I've tried in the past I could never loose more that about 7lbs. Now I'm at 21lbs since Christmas!!!

Like many people have already said it helps having other like minded people for support as friends and family always seem to be trying to sabotage all of our hard work!!! I just wish I could get my husband to understand portion sizes a bit better.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Yeah really really. Not only did I find it easy to stick to, and honestly easy to lose weight, but I've met some lovely people who I stay in touch with most days
  • BBehnke84
    BBehnke84 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'd say the community is the best part of the site, obviously seeing your goals and tracking what you eat is very helpful, but the people here (for the most part) make it fun and help keep you motivated! I love the friends I've met on this site and look forward to meeting a whole bunch more I can have fun with
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    The site has helped me in terms of the calorie counting, but I don't think the forums have much, beyond introducing me to some lovely people.
  • needakickuta
    Options
    Hi,
    This site has really helped I'd tried everything, would lasta few days then find myself falling off the wagon. I then saw the horizon 5:2 diet programme and decided to try that. I was recommended this site on another forum to track my calories and I have used it since. I don't need to lose a vast amount but so far I've lost 7llbs. :) I'm losing it slowly but hopefully that means it will stay off. Unfortunately I didn't weigh myself when I started and just guessed so it looks like I've only lost a pound on my profile but I know It's 7llb.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Definitely helped. I love statistics, charts, graphs etc, and the food diary has really educated me about what I'm eating, and helped me retrain my eating habits.

The support of friends is nice, but not essential.

And the forums are a mixture of some good advice, some troll-like behaviour, and some downright daft questions and ideas!
  • Mabuhay1
    Mabuhay1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I only registered some 5 days ago and already I can see the difference.

I joined Jenny Craig for about 2.5 months and have lost 8 kgs but I got sick of the same food and it got very boring after a while hence I quit before reaching my goal weight.

During the 4 months I was not with Jenny Craig I put back about 5 kgs as I simply stuffed myself with whatever. It was rebellion. It felt good to just eat whatever I felt like eating. Then friends started to make some nasty comments about my weight. So I went back to Jenny Craig again and in two weeks I lost about 1 kg then I felt so restricted again then a friend introduced me to this site.

So far I am enjoying my first few days on this site as I am learning how many calories each dish/ snack/ etc contain and unlike when I was with Jenny Craig I was just eating what food Jenny Craig sold me.

Now, I have more choices and I am enjoying the freedom to decide what food to take and learning at the same time how much each food contain and how much I should be taking to maintain a healthy body.

I enjoy the logging in what I have eaten and preparing what I like to eat.

Everyday I am so motivated to do some exercise to get browny points.

This site helps me a lot just in fe few days that iam on this site.

I am very optimistic of the outcome.

I am certain after a while I will not need to keep track of the calories. I will know it by heart.

Good Luck everyone. Cheers
  • Paula71jnj
    Paula71jnj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi

Yes I find it really helpful as you can keep track of how many calories you are eating, since I started a few weeks back I have lost 7lbs, 2 inches off my waiste and 1/2 inch off my hips.

We have a free gym at work so i try and go to 3 classes a week and it's definitely working for and my friend Donna
    xx
  • helenwilliams78
    helenwilliams78 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Definitely helped me. I've always been one for home cooked meals but my portions were way out of control. Logging everything really makes you take notice of what you're putting into your body.

I've also been motivated to exercise more.

Thank you MFP!
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    It's not so much the site that has helped me, more the people that I have met here. The site gave me the tools that I needed to start this plan. The people that I have met are the ones who give me the daily help, support and encouragement that I need to stick with the plan. Without all of you on here I probably would have given up long ago, just like I did so many times before, till my doctor suggested that I try this site.