carbs from veg

Options
my diet is mainly fruit and vegetables, when i enter my daily foods on the food diary it says there is a lot of carbs in the veg. is this going to slow down my weight loss?

Replies

• _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    No.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I am vegan, and I eat a ton of fruits and veggies. I have lost 95 pounds since March, and the only exercise I do is walking. So I know for me it has not hindered my weight loss.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I am vegan, and I eat a ton of fruits and veggies. I have lost 95 pounds since March, and the only exercise I do is walking. So I know for me it has not hindered my weight loss.

I hate you I'm so jealous. Lol jk. Way to go!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    What do you eat for protein?
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

Smile :happy:
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Not at all. Eat all the veggies you want.
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    my diet is mainly fruit and vegetables, when i enter my daily foods on the food diary it says there is a lot of carbs in the veg. is this going to slow down my weight loss?

Dietary fiber from vegetables like caulflower and broccolli are insoluble fiber. We as humans lack the enzyme to break down cellulose therefore they are metabolically inert. By law, companies are required to label them into the nutrition facts but we derive no calorie benefit from cellulose. So actually you're undereating. Fruits still contain fructose.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options

No, carbs do not hinder weight loss. Only too many calories hinder weight loss. Fruits and veggies are healthy and your diet should be full of them. However, you should make sure you are also getting fats and protein.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    No.

^^this
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options

Beans, tofu, almond milk, oatmeal, peanut butter, broccoli, brown rice...
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

Dietary fiber from vegetables like caulflower and broccolli are insoluble fiber. We as humans lack the enzyme to break down cellulose therefore they are metabolically inert. By law, companies are required to label them into the nutrition facts but we derive no calorie benefit from cellulose. So actually you're undereating. Fruits still contain fructose.
    "Is Butter a Carb?"
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I could never go vegetarian, let alone vegan. Meatatarian. I need the animal fat to keep my cholesterol low.
  • lexsonbil
    lexsonbil Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    a bit of fish, chicken or eggs some days
  • SEishen
    SEishen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Contrary to popularly held beliefs, fruits, nuts, & veggies contain plenty of protein, more than enough, in fact. Have a look-sy at my diary. The proof is in the pudding ... er, uh ... fruits & vegetables!

(I've lost 25 pounds since joining MFP thanks in most part to completely changing what I choose eat. I eat more food now than I ever have. Prudent plant-based diet FTW!)
  • luckyclover78
    luckyclover78 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Eating buckets full of vegetables isn't what makes people fat....last time I checked! I eat a plant based diet and have lost 15 lbs since January. I'd worry more about eating over processed grains and junk food.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

I was going to answer this but you have answered

But is there enough protein in there? I am not trying to be antagonistic, I am asking a general question as most meat eaters eat way above on protein?
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

most of those are poor choices for protein :(
  • hippietrailbadass
    Options
    By whose standards?

most of those are poor choices for protein :(
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    a bit of fish, chicken or eggs some days

Fruits, veggies, and lean protein. Your diet sounds very healthy.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Only if you eat so much that it causes you not to have a calories deficit. That is true of carbs from other sources as well. It's true of any food.