What to eat between 2 workouts on same night.

Options
For the next few weeks I am taking 2 Zumba classes on the same night (one session is ending soon and the 2nd one just started up). Times are 4:30-5:20pm and 6:30-7:30pm. About halfway through the second class I start to get tired and have a hard time keeping up. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can eat during the hour inbetween to refuel myself? I have tried not eating at all, having just a snack, and eating a full meal, and so far I have had no success.

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Why do you do two on one night?
    Make sure you fuel yourself properly throughout the day, and have a snack like muscle milk in between sessions - but lets face it - two hours of intense cardio will make most people tired...
    No idea why you would do that.....
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Perhaps instead of the 1st Zumba class, you could spend 45 mins lifting and conditioning, and time it so when you're done you can go immediately into the 2nd Zumba session. Back to back Zumba sessions is very unlikely to get you where you want to go, especially if you're going to have to eat back the cals burned between the sessions.

It's great that you're enthusiastic enough to sign up for double Zumbas. But you could easily create a workout that's both more time efficient and effective.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Perhaps instead of the 1st Zumba class, you could spend 45 mins lifting and conditioning, and time it so when you're done you can go immediately into the 2nd Zumba session. Back to back Zumba sessions is very unlikely to get you where you want to go, especially if you're going to have to eat back the cals burned between the sessions.

It's great that you're enthusiastic enough to sign up for double Zumbas. But you could easily create a workout that's both more time efficient and effective.

Stop making sense, brother. Zumba 4 lyfe!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I agree that adding strength/conditioning is a good way to go, but if you're committed to two classes a night, try something light and easily digestible. For a while I was way into pole dance classes, which were a pretty tough all over workout, and between sessions I would have a banana with peanut butter or an orange. Just something to keep up my energy, but too much food made me nauseous and crampy.