Looking for friends to encourage/be encouraged..

Options
I am not new to MFP or trying lose weight. I have been fighting the challenge for 10 years and I hit my highest point in 2011. I am hoping to find people who have successfully made a real lifestyle change or want to. I've tried all sorts of "diets" so I know they don't work for me. I always end up craving and giving in to whatever the restricted food is. Exercise is by far my weakest point and something I struggle with daily. So I am open to any friendships that will enable both of us to reach our goals :)

Replies

• Ann_Marie_76
    Ann_Marie_76 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been on here for over a year and a half now and this has become a way of life for me. I am at my goal and just looking to maintain and tone up a little. I try to encourage my friends as much as possible when work/home aren't crazy busy. I will send you a friend request.
  • Colonel_Brandon
    Colonel_Brandon Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Added!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    You'll find some friends here. This place has lots of people to be friends with. :flowerforyou:
  • JudeGilford
    JudeGilford Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well, LambiePie, you've come to the right place. Make friends (I would be happy to be one), and then just stay tuned. In no time you will be hooked. I spent a lifetime of trying to lose a few pounds. I'd get frustrated and give up on myself. All that is behind me now. I'm here for the long haul. I will meet my goals and I'll still be here. Tracking food and exercise works like magic. You'll see!
  • emmalilypad
    emmalilypad Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Everyone can feel free to add me! I love to encourage and cheer people on!

We got this.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I am not new to MFP or trying lose weight. I have been fighting the challenge for 10 years and I hit my highest point in 2011. I am hoping to find people who have successfully made a real lifestyle change or want to. I've tried all sorts of "diets" so I know they don't work for me. I always end up craving and giving in to whatever the restricted food is. Exercise is by far my weakest point and something I struggle with daily. So I am open to any friendships that will enable both of us to reach our goals :)

I just want to congratulate you for continuing the fight. It's a lot easier to just give up. Kudos.
  • Amianne
    Amianne Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I need friends to encourage also
  • 1cutecop
    Options
    I am new to MFP, but I've been at the weight loss game for my entire life! I've been at it hard for 3 months now and I'm down 29 lbs. I was using Livestrong and decided to try this app to see if I like it. I this the food tracking is going to be a piece of cake! Mmmmm I love cake! Good luck with your goals and please feel free to add me. I'm sure I'll be around.
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Added
  • vmack2001
    Options
    Hey how r u..trust me I definitely know how u feel..u dont look like u need to lose weight..u look great already!
  • ridingmy79hd
    ridingmy79hd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you !! Tried them all, and never able to stick with it. This seems to be good for me, making me accountable for what I put in my mouth. and as for exercise ?!? forget about it !!! I HATE to exercise, and just want to be able to lose weight by eating right and doing my daily 'life' stuff....cleaning the house, running errands, cutting the grass, etc.
    Just started looking at the 'community' section, so hopefully I'll get inspired to keep it up :)
  • Silly_Sara
    Silly_Sara Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined MFP. I've been working for the past 3 years on my fitness goals. I got to the last leg of my journey and, well, stalled, so I knew I needed to make another change. I hope that we can encourage each other as we change our lives for the better!
  • MauC25K
    MauC25K Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I will send a friend request ... always happy to encourage and be encouraged.

Good luck!
  • Maris82
    Maris82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I should have branched into this part of MFP long ago :)
  • howaboutit
    howaboutit Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It's a journey that has many bumps, twists and detours BUT with encouragement and friendship it becomes easier! I have sent a friend request.
  • marcusg23
    Options
    I'm just finding MFP community. I used to track on Livestrong, but this is much cooler. I definitely have the exercise side of things down, but can't get the diet right (too much beer and pizza I think). Hopefully we can encourage each other. I sent you a friend request.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I have had issues alot and need the same as you. Feel free to add me as a friend anyone can.
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    fell free to add me ...anyone :) im a great friend on here!! its alll about support for me