Am I the only person?

Options
jordanlell
jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
Am I the only person who doesn't wear shorts? Everyday at my rowing tryouts, we're out running in 80-85 degrees, and everyone always asks me why I'm wearing pants. When I respond saying that I'm really not comfortable wearing shorts because I don't like how my legs look, I get these crazy looks and they'll say something like "Well that's.. different."

Does anyone else feel so strongly about not showing their legs that they'll wear pants no matter the weather?

Replies

• PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I never wear shorts or short skirts. If it's not knee length at least, it's not going on.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty modest, yeah. I bit the bullet and started wearing shorts to work out not long ago. Much, much cooler. But yeah, I think a lot of us are self conscious about our legs. You're not alone!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind shorts, but it seems they are aall REALLY SHORT, showing more leg than I want to show- So I rarely wear them.. But I have a pair of exercise shorts.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I would always prefer to be cool than cover up my legs.

Maybe talk to someone about it? It sounds like it's been an important issue to you for a while, but there's nothing to be ashamed of, everyone has legs!
  • LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    Pfff I wear daisy dukess
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I ran all summer in Nike DriFit pants...I live in Southeast Texas. Always had people asking, I tell them that I am considerate enough to not subject other people to my thighs.
  • nofailureallowed
    Options
    I dont wear shorts outside period..never. Your not alone.
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    I never ever ever wear shorts or short skirts. I guess i shouldn't say NEVER because when i go swimming, I swim with a pair of long shorts over my swimsuit. Lame, I know. yes I hate my chubby legs and chubby knees with a passion. No matter how skinny I get, i still have chunky monkey legs.:noway:
  • cjsgrimlin
    Options
    I dont wear shorts outside period..never. Your not alone.

THIS!!!!:indifferent:

my pic is embarrassing on purpose... i hate my hips and thighs
  • redstar7
    redstar7 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I ran all summer in Nike DriFit pants...I live in Southeast Texas. Always had people asking, I tell them that I am considerate enough to not subject other people to my thighs.

Haha, I like that. I tend to tell people the same thing, something along the lines of, "I don't want to scar you for life!"

I don't wear shorts either, not even in the summer. I wear capri type pants, but very rarely. Maybe when I'm not such a fatty, I'll start sporting some shorts.
  • Suzyqall72
    Options
    I wear shorts and I don't care. As long as they are not short cut offs or skin tight bike pants, I think we can all wear them. It's a free country.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I wore shorts for the first and only time ever this summer. When running I wear capris and the rest of the time it's pants. I like the shape of my legs, but the jiggle and the whiteness just don't need to be seen.
  • sgregor217
    Options
    Before loosing weight I never wore shorts, and now that I have lost 100 pounds (started this after my weight lose just to keep on track so my weight lose meter is not accurate) I still do not wear shorts. I hate how my legs look and wish I could somehow tone them up. But nothing works.
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    My mom never wears shorts because she says her legs rub together and it causes an uncomfortable irritation.
  • StillChangingAmie
    Options
    I used to not even wear capris outside of the house. Up until I was 16, and I visited my long time best friend in New Mexico. When it reached over 100 degrees every day, I had to adapt x.x I still won't wear shorts to school, but I will wear them to the store or where-ever.

I'm sure once you try it for a week maybe in the summer, you'll be more comfortable :]
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the oddball here. Even when I was 280 I had no problem wearing shorts. I feel more comfortable that way. Also, I think my legs look pretty good!
  • juiletflt
    juiletflt Posts: 159
    Options
    I also do not wear shorts, but I hope that by next spring I will loose enough weight to feel good wearing them.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I didn't for years. This past summer was the first one in long time I wore them.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I only like to wear shorts and skirts below the knee. I do have a pair of short shorts for around home, but thats more for tanning purposes, to be honest i'm not really any cooler in them as long as my longer ones are a nice light material. No way could I wear jeans or something all summer lol
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    My shorts go just past my knee.
    That stops them riding up, but keeps my lower legs cool.