P90x Plyometrics Alternative

Options
Hey guys, I just started P90x yesterday and I'm on to the plyometrics today (urgh). Anyway, I cut my foot on a piece of glass last night and I'm having a hard time completing the work out. With shoes on seemed painful and with just socks on it keeps bleeding. Any tips?

Notes: I did the stretch video when I woke up and I stopped the plyometrics at the 21 minute mark.

Replies

• jaybird951
    jaybird951 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    stop exercising until the cut heals!
  • Eafears
    Eafears Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Well I dont' know if it is the impact that is causing your cut to hurt or if you just need to let it heal. You could try the cardioX and just modify so that you keep your activity lighter. Or like the other poster wait until your foot gets better. Go for a bike ride.
  • jackflak
    jackflak Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yes stop the plyometrics/cardiox/stretchx/yogax till it heals.
  • tp5647
    tp5647 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks guys. I think it's just the jumping that stretches the cut open again. I hope I'm not doing too much damage by not finishing the plyometrics today.
  • mirthfuldragon
    mirthfuldragon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on starting P90x. I'm on day 51, and Plyo still inspires dread in me. Also, congratulations on being super-hard-core and even attempting it with a cut foot.

I'll echo everyone else - take some time off until your foot heals. A stationary bike might be okay, depending on where the cut is on your foot.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    To be perfectly honest I would wait until it heals to start the program.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Stop jumping on your foot. Opening it up over and over is going to cause scarring and/or infection. No fun. Stay with the lighter stuff.

You may want to get some liquid bandage gel. It's wonderful for cuts that are on areas that get a lot of movement or are dirty/sweaty. That's not an excuse to start jumping again, but it will help your cut heal faster and cleaner. I used it often when I worked in a pet store. My hands were in and out of fish tanks and critter cages all day and I never had a cut get infected. Just a warning, it stings when you put it on.