How to get rid of these "thick" legs?????

Options
124»

Replies

• BecReseid
    BecReseid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have same body type and have good news. You can balance out your body so that it appears proportionate. I find to reduce thigh size, a combination of strength training, cardio and good diet can tone legs, creating a leaner appearance. I have also found that the order in which you combine these also matters, strength training and THEN cardio. Strength training causes muscle tissue to "tear" and rebuild, this builds lean muscle and your body will continue to burn calories as a result throughout the day. Adding cardio on to that later in the day helps cut through existing fat. The combination and order in which you do these can work wonders. Also, when performing each, be very mindful of your posture and do not use momentum to push through strength training - you should be able to feel the full movement and each muscle.

Carbs are not your enemy, they are a great source of energy. It is the over consumption of this energy and lack of release that causes it to turn into fat deposits in our trouble areas. Don't starve yourself, just listen to your body and stop eating when you no longer feel hungry, it helps to eat slower and set down your utensils in between bites. Try not to eat really heavy meals withing 2 hours of your bedtime. Obviously we know the foods that are bad for us, soda, chips, cake, whatever your poison, moderate the ever loving crap out of it. Drink plenty of water! Use common sense when eating, basically. Dieting is not sustainable over the long term and it's not good for your body either. Teach your body that it is not going to starve by eating sensibly, and it will let go of excess calories.

Don't forget about your upper body! This is a key component of creating a balanced physique. Do pushups, lift 5-12lb weights in different combinations to tone your shoulders and arms. They will only slightly increase in size, creating the appearance of a smaller waistline and bringing balance to your hips and thighs. We all have trouble areas, zoom out and think of the other aspects that visually affect these areas.

One more tip, dress smart. If your upper body is smaller, wear medium-light colored tops, with patterns and stick to darker colored skinny jeans/leggings/whatever. Don't wear white or light colored pants and a black shirt if you are pear shaped, it creates a bottom-heavy appearance.

Good luck! It can be frustrating, especially when you start to plateau (which you may be doing now). Just be patient, keep working at it, and regularly switch up your workouts/incorporate intervals***. It will come.
  • blackgirlfit
    blackgirlfit Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    bump amazing post. i'm going to incorporate alot of running in my cardio now and focus primarily on my legs at the gym.

i have been doing the shred dvd and its gotten my arms and shoulders so toned that my pear figure now looks like a beautiful hour glass. so u can change ur body time. i know my legs wont get skinnier until i dropped at least 10% more body fat. so im going to work on it. hopefully im there in 8 months before my 25th
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    you should post pics of these so called thick legs.. maybe just your imagination..
  • mariuhhh1
    Options
    I have the same issue, and even with continuous weight loss I'm noticing that my legs still aren't changing as much as I hoped they would. I'm 5'2" and I used to weigh 123 lbs, now I'm 107 and my body proportions still make me appear to weigh more than I do. My arms are fairly thin and my waist is absolutely tiny but my calves and thighs prevent me from fitting into any size smaller than a 3. I've been doing toning exercises, but my legs started to beef up even more and I started gaining muscle weight which made fitting into skinny jeans even harder although I was much healthier. At this point, I'm trying to find ways to love my body instead of trying to manipulate it. I wish you luck, but be warned that your legs will ALWAYS be thicker than what you're hoping for.
  • jhgreer
    jhgreer Posts: 145
    Options
    I'm also pretty bottom heavy, but I've noticed since starting to lift heavy that my shoulders have gotten wider which helps with the proportions of my body. I've actually gained weight but get asked all the time what I'm doing to lose it. Basically I worked my arms/shoulders/back enough to create more of an hour glass vs pear shape.
  • alessandraguzzetta5
    Options
    Try Liposuction! Its worked for me.