Do you exercise during your period?

Options

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Yeah. It doesn't bug me much... day one is kinda crampy. Other than that it's fine.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to help, but if it causes you a lot of pain, I say skip it on bad days. I actually don't like to because sweating and a pad = horror.
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I DON"T exercise on my first cycle day. EVER! Too many cramps. And sometimes a bit fatigue as well. And I get so cranky. LOL
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I used to not because I get such bad cramps, but now I do. I sucked it up and made myself do it once and found that it actually HELPED with my cramps and energy levels! I neverrrr feel like exercising during my period but I almost always do it anyway. I have taken a couple of days off though when the cramps were unbearable. Do what feels right for you. A few days off won't kill you!
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It depends, my period has been really spotty for like the past six months [ have it one month then go two months without ] but when I had it most recently, I worked out through it and it helped with the cramps but if you have really bad cramps or are a heavy bleeder, I would just watch what you eat and relax for the week. It won't kill your weight loss and it is good to give your body a rest.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. I don't get cramps though......

go ahead, h8 me lol
  • melonclarinet
    melonclarinet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm going to chime in with a repeat of what a few others said. Do what feels right for you. There are times when I just feel crampy and I go to the gym anyway. There are times when I can't stand or sit or do anything but lie in the fetal position; those days, I don't go. I also get massive migraines usually on the 1st or 2nd day and don't usually go if I can't kick that.

If you feel up to going, go, but if you don't, don't let anyone make you feel bad for not going. I've seen a lot of people on here who will say it's just an excuse, but those people obviously haven't experienced some of the really bad side effects of your period. Each woman is different.
  • PAIRDIZE
    PAIRDIZE Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    AMEN!!!! I TRULY UNDERSTAND ABOUT THOSE CRAMPS. I FEEL LIKE SH** WHEN I AM CRAMPING AND I HAVE REAL BAD BAD CRAMPS:( I FEEL LIKE THIS...IF YOU ARE CRAMPING...AND YOU BEEN EATING HEALTHY AND GETING IN SHAPE A WEEK OF YOU TAKING AND BREAK IS NOT SO BAD....BUT JUST LIKE YOU SAID....EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT....GODBLESS US ALL.
  • PrettyGirlPayton
    PrettyGirlPayton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If it is too bad then no. But if I can get out of bed then I try to workout. Do something light. Like go for a nice walk. Or do strength training. Just eat healthy and you should be fine for the week.
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have no choice!
    I have a trainer..and she doesn't take NO for an answer..lol!
    She understands about my issues (heaviness, fatigue, etc), and doesn't push me as hard during those two days a week she trains me.
    I seriously cannot wait to be done with all that crap!!!
  • HogSandwich
    HogSandwich Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My TOM tends to just make me bloated and uncomfortable (bless you, Pill) so yeah, I'll exercise through. But if I'm honest with myself it's usually so I can still eat my comfort food and not blow my calorie limit :drinker:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I work out on mine. I don't get cramps, though, just the sore boobs, so I have to make sure I'm wearing a good bra if I'm jumping around. Playtex Sport are awesome, by the way! They even have motivational messages on the wrapper, like "You've got the moves" and "Smile, it throws off the competition," that really help push you to do your best while TOM's in town. /sarcasm Really, I do love them, just not the "motivational messages" on the wrapper. That being said, if you're in so much pain that you can't move, you're probably not going to have a good workout and would be better off sitting it out. You can always switch that day with your scheduled rest day, assuming you have one.
  • mica06
    mica06 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The first day or two I don't cuz I feel like a faucet that got stuck on "on" but after those days pass I do cause it helps with the bloat and just makes me feel better
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Yes I exercise anyways. It helps with the cramping if you ask me.
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I do. I've read somewhere that exercising helps with cramps and I can definitely attest to that.
  • Moe0112
    Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have just started mfp and of course that's when my tom just happened to come a few days early. Awesome :mad: it made todays workout horrible. Some it works for other it doesn't. Me definitely a BIG no!!
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I do now, I use hormonal BC for endometriosis control..been dealing with that since I was a teenager. back then it would be 10-12 days, the 1st 2-3 heavy and cramps so bad that I'd puke or pass out. But thanks to hormone control its much more "normal" about 5-6 days and less cramping. If it was as bad as it used to be I would skip the 1st day or two, then start with something less strenuous and work back up to my normal intensity
  • FierceV_Phat
    FierceV_Phat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I DO WORKOUT THROUGH MINE.....I USUALLY TAKE ALEEVE FOR THE CRAMPS PRIOR!
  • bwilton77
    bwilton77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I do workout during my TOM it is hard at first but I usually feel better by the end and I find it helps reduce the water weight quicker and I don't get as bloated as when I don't. If it is really bad I just don't push myself quite as hard as I usually would that way I still get in a good workout just not quite as strenusous.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    No, not during the first few days anyways.