I quit smoking

Options
After 6 months and a loss of 43 pounds I made the next obvious decision to quit smoking. I am on the 9th day of no smoking but I have gained 2.4 pounds in these 9 days. I have remained faithful to myfitnesspal and watch what I ate. Refusing to substitute food for cigarettes. I have walked and played games. Anything but eat more. Is anyone familiar with this and why am I gaining weight?? when the only thing that is different is I am not smoking. HELP!!

Replies

• gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    congrats on quiting!

i wouldnt stress too much about one blip on the scale, you may be back down that much or more next week when you weigh in. your body is in a bit of a crisis when you first quit smoking, you have taken away something it is dependent on and thinks it needs but that of course is short term and it will return to a better normal soon so it may be a short term side affect that will correct itself since you say you are sticking to your normal diet & exercise routine.

PS- it is 71 days since my last cigarette and i have lost 11 lbs in that time