• ncislandgirl
    ncislandgirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What diet are you on?
  • Jazjazjaz
    Options
    im not doing a "diet" as such as dont want to trigger my ED
    but im just eating as little as possible
    have done all my eating for today, finishing up at 674 calories :)
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    What does ED stand for? Under 700 cals and done my 10am...doesn't sound healthy, IMO.
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    I don't want this to come off the wrong way, or upset you, but 674 calories in one day is an ED. Maybe you were even eatting less than that before (I don't know you) but maybe you should talk to a doctor.
  • dporter1183
    dporter1183 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    be careful eating so few calories....your body will eventually go into starvation mode and hold on to ALL of the fat you still have and that you are taking in.....which will cause you to GAIN; as well as causing health problems. depending on your height and weight you may not need to go below 1200 calories a day.
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    I don't want this to come off the wrong way, or upset you, but 674 calories in one day is an ED. Maybe you were even eatting less than that before (I don't know you) but maybe you should talk to a doctor.

Ok, so apparently ED did stand for what I was thinking, I agree, you should consider talking to a doctor or nutritionist.
  • zeala
    zeala Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I'd be a little concerned about eating so little ( personally I would pass out), and I can't imagine that those 6 pounds are actual fat. Sounds more like water weight to me.
  • Jazjazjaz
    Options
    What does ED stand for? Under 700 cals and done my 10am...doesn't sound healthy, IMO.

i don't know where you live but its 18:40 here!!

and guys i'm fine seriously :)
    and i don't see it as an ED cos i'm eating a very balanced diet, and i'm therefore healthy :)
    plus am drinking lots of water and exercising!
  • Jazjazjaz
    Options
    Sorry, I'm really confused?? Why should I see a doctor?!!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm really confused?? Why should I see a doctor?!!

sweetie, unless you're about 4 foot tall, 600 calories is about 1/3 of what your body needs to maintain. While very very obese people are sometimes given starvation diets by doctors, it's rare, it's done for short periods, and it's done under direct doctor supervision. Also, it's only done for people who have a Body fat % somewhere up near 40% or more, people who's body can function by canabalizing itself. Seeing that you want to lose 30 lbs, there's no way your body can support that kind of loss.

Eating healthy is fine, but you are NOT eating healthy, eating healthy means eating the right kind of foods IN THE RIGHT QUANTITIES.

We're all here to help, these comments aren't meant as derogatory, they are meant as concern and help. I hope you take them that way.

Best luck to you.

FYI, there's a link in my signature, you might benefit from reading some of the stuff in it.
    Also, 6 pounds in 3 days is not good, it's dangerous (unless you're talking about water weight).