Finding NSV's after 7+ months

Options
When you're like me, and have a long way to go, it can be hard to stay motivated. I have yo-yo'ed for many years, with my lowest weight since I was 20 years old being 171 pounds on my 5' frame. Clearly, way too much weight. I miss my 18 year old curvy, 120 pound body. I got to the point where I never, ever thought I'd be thin again and decided I just didn't care. I was very restrictive with my diet, and made myself miserable.

Fast forward to last May, and I had packed on all the weight I'd lost, plus some extra. I no longer had a shape. Everything was hard. I had deluded myself into thinking that as long as I could do all the things I wanted to do in life, and my blood pressure, cholesterol, etc was fine, who cared? Trouble is, I could no longer do a lot of things that I wanted to do.

So...I'm making a list of things that have improved:

-46 pounds lost
-Size 20/22 to size 16
-Improved sleep--no sleep apnea -)
-less snoring
-I no longer need Tums or Zantac, ie, no more heartburn
-Improved endurance: I don't come home and take a nap every day after work
-Improved energy, I'm getting a lot more done around the house/yard
-When I started, I couldn't stay on the treadmill for more than 10 minutes, and walked with no incline at a 2.0 rate. Now I'm jogging, and routinely walk for an hour at a time.
-Couldn't do a plank or a push up. Now I can plank for nearly a minute, and I can do 10 push ups without stopping. Not great, but it's 10x better than when I started.
-less physical pain, overall.
-improved monthly cycle--I'm far more regular
-Resting heart rate has gone from 100/minute to 80 per minute.
-Improved bowel function. Yeah, TMI but it was terrible--lots of pain, gas, etc. Now, regularity! No more IBS-type symptoms! No diarrhea!
-I have very little desire to binge. The times I have overeaten (not a true binge) I've been so uncomfortable with reminders of how crappy I used to feel all the time, it's motivation to *NOT* do it again.
-Improved love life--enough said!

My blood pressure, cholesterol, etc were good to start with, I'm lucky in that respect. I Just had to get that out. It's hard to stay motivated when the scale has moved so slowly.

Replies

• cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    This is so much win in one post, I don't know where to start!
    I can't wait to have several of those NSV's.
    Great job. Keep it up. :)
  • HeatherHoskins
    HeatherHoskins Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You know "they" always say it is not about the scale, it is about your life. The scale is just a number but your life is changing around you. You have motivated me to complete my own list of things I want to change along with the number on the scale. Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!