Shoul I get a Fitbit or HRM?

Options
13»

Replies

• gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have both. The fitbit makes me walk longer and more often and climb more stairs, just in my regular day to day activity, but my HRM is what makes me feel accomplished after a workout. So, it depends. Do you want to be all over more active day to day, or do you want to get more out of your workouts? :)

Me, I'm a gadget fiend so, I wanted both. :)
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'd say get a HRM. I have the Polar FT4 and love it for my workouts. You can wear it around throughout the day if need be. Even though you're looking for something to keep track of calories burned and you're doing lighter workouts (walking) I think you might surprise yourself later and start on higher intensity workouts, making the HRM a better buy (for future purposes).

When I began MFP, I tended to make walking my main workout--I could run, but I felt I was too heavy to really run without hurting some part of my body in the future (knees). I'm looking into getting a fitbit just to have it for fun, however, I probably wouldn't use it for my regular workouts.

It's really up to you, if you believe buying the fitbit matches your lifestyle then by all means maybe that's the way to go. My advice, get the HRM.
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I vote HRM. Polar are great.

Fitbit you have to wear 24/7, HRM you wear when you exercise.
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I vote HRM. Polar are great.

Fitbit you have to wear 24/7, HRM you wear when you exercise.

I don't wear my fitbit 24/7.
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    HRM. Fitbit is just a glorified pedometer. I've got both, and used my fitbit once or twice.
  • tejasmh87
    tejasmh87 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I personally would recommend a HRM. I have the Polar FT7 and LOVE it. I think, and someone will correct me if I'm wrong (I am sure), but the FitBit is better for stairs and walking, but not as accurate for cardio/harder workouts. That's just my 2 cents. LOVE my polar!!

Bingo!

I love my Fit Bit to track steps and calorie burn. However for major cardio (which I will be beginning soon) a Really great HRM is a good idea. That will be my next investment gadget wise
  • sonjarogers72
    sonjarogers72 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM Polar FT4- BEST INVESTMENT EVER! This thing is so accurate and simple! Fit Bit doesnt stay on when your jumping all around and stuff- I bought the Polar after seeing someone in the gym wear it, and after she told me about it, I was sold!!! Ordered mine on the Sears website for 80 bucks! MEGA SALE
  • Ashlee2421
    Ashlee2421 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just got my Fitbit Ultra last week, and I'm already debating sending it back. I didn't research good enough apparently. All kinds of people are having problems getting their fitbits to sync. Mine stopped working properly after 2 days. No matter what computer I tried it on, steps their "support team" told me to take, it would say the device isn't recognized. $100+ later and I'm wanting to pull my hair out. I was sooooo excited for it and now I'm very disappointed. They're having a problem with their bases so they're sending me a new one free of cost. If I have problems with this, I'm sending it all back.
    I have a HRM watch that I got from walmart for like 30 bucks that I wear all the time. I bought it when I started Insanity. I found it to be pretty useful =]
    '
  • mdorsey2010
    Options
    I've never used a Fitbit but I do have a HRM (Polar FT4) and I LOVE it! It's made a huge difference in my workouts!
  • Aboele79
    Options
    i would highly reccomend a HRM i have the polar FT80 and love it, it s also a lot more accurate :D always a bonus
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Neither!! Save your money.