Pant sizes

Options
So ive lost 46 pounds and a couple inches off my hips and like 10 inches off my waist but my pants still fit good and I didnt go down a bra size, Yes my pants are looser but after 50 pounds i was hoping they would be falling off :/ anyone else experience this?

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    UHH, well...I'm a 41yo man...i went from some to tight for comfort 42s to 36s in about 40 lbs. I wore 36's in high school : )
  • Pankakefacebetch
    Options
    I guess that makes me feel a little better it just seems crazy that you can lose 50 pounds and not need new clothes
  • elishazf
    elishazf Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of has to do with what weight you start at. My friend started around 250 lost 30 but still didn't see that much of a difference. I started at 198 and used to wear 35W now I wear 28W and am 158.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I think people must be different. As an adult, I've gone from a slim 140 to an overweight 188 pounds and always been a size 14. Yes, I could have worn a 16 at the top end or a 12 at the bottom, but basically the same.

Having lost 21 pounds and a lot of inches, I am currently 167 and am wearing loose size 14 pants that used to be tighter.

I keep reading about women my height (5'10") wearing size 2-4. When I was 15 and a ballet dancer who my teachers told was getting too skinny, I was a size 12. So I honestly do not understand this pants size thing.

Maybe it's that I've always had a thin waist and never put on much weight in any one place?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    BTW, my husband goes up and down 25 pounds without changing pants sizes. His weight all sits on his gut. Where his waistband sits goes up and down. But the pants size stays the same.
  • juliebeesd
    Options
    I think people must be different. As an adult, I've gone from a slim 140 to an overweight 188 pounds and always been a size 14. Yes, I could have worn a 16 at the top end or a 12 at the bottom, but basically the same.

Having lost 21 pounds and a lot of inches, I am currently 167 and am wearing loose size 14 pants that used to be tighter.

I keep reading about women my height (5'10") wearing size 2-4. When I was 15 and a ballet dancer who my teachers told was getting too skinny, I was a size 12. So I honestly do not understand this pants size thing.

Maybe it's that I've always had a thin waist and never put on much weight in any one place?

5'10" women wearing a size 2? It's hard to imagine any woman that height (other than a supermodel) being that size. O.o

I think pants size has a lot to do with where you store/lose your weight.

I'm 6'1" and was considered thin (size 8) at 155. At my heaviest I was 190 (size 14). I'm now in the mid 160's and am in a size 10. I also carry almost all of my weight on my hips (even at size 14, jeans would be loose around my waist and tight around my hips/thighs). So when I lost, I noticed the biggest difference in my thighs/hips and have dropped pants sizes fast.
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My guess is that you have a pear shaped body. The downstairs is the first to gain, thus the last to lose. You also may not have a poochy belly, or at least that is one of your final weight gaining places. If this is true about you, my experience may apply. I am also a pear shape. I have to lose in all of my other parts before my pant size changes. But sister, once it starts changing, sizes can change pretty fast. Hang in there. It is frustrating. Just know that your time will come, and when it does, you will be elated.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    or you're not correct on your weight loss.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 20 - but my clothes fit EXACTLY the same. I must be losing from my calves or forearms or something....
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i was really pissed i hadnt lost a pant size for 3 months and almost 30 lbs when i realized my original size was a size bigger than i thought. i was squeezing myself into 14s when i was a 16, and muffintopping most of it. it could be the same for you which explains some things. do your existing clothes fit better?
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Yep, still in the same pants. Sure they're looser but when I went thru the closet, I have 2 other pair of jeans, same size, probably different cut, dang things won't zip...go figure. I know I'm loosing in the gut as my T shirts got longer, lol. It's so frustrating.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I've lost a cup size, but have yet to lose a pant size. My 13's are looser, but my 11's are way too tight to be comfortable still. Makes me sad. I carry all of my weight in my stomach though.
  • ggsmamma
    ggsmamma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and at 145#, I was a size 6/8 --now, I'm 191 and a size 14 (a few pants say 12 or 16 but I think I'm a solid 14). My boobs also change alot -- I'm a solid 32D when thin & now, I'm a 34G (!!!)