Replies

• EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    'I'm just lucky, I guess'
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i may be be fat but i can lose the weight, your an *kitten*, how do u fix that?? lol
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the circumstances.

I don't know what your weight is I can't tell from your picture but I will say you DO have a beautiful face, no need to precede that with a "but"

But if you're sitting around saying "I'm so fat, I hate myself" blah blah and you are "fat" (I hate this word!) so if you are overweight... then like what are we was your friends supposed to say?

That's really the only circumstance I can see myself saying something like that but even then I probably wouldn't I'm just saying taken out of context this could be misinterpreted as the person being intentionally mean when they just don't know the right way to respond...

Like for example when I gained 30 pounds and carried it all on my small frame I appeared more overweight than I actually was and would complain to my friend about how I looked and there wasn't much they could say since what I was saying was true.

Sorry if my post comes off as offensive it's almost 4 AM where I am and I can't say I'm at my highest level of literacy but I'm just kinda trying to play devil's advocate here and explain why someone might get that kind of respoinse
  • BBehnke84
    BBehnke84 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I don't consider it an insult at all, you do have a gorgeous face and I would consider it a blessing. I'm not saying this is the case but if you are overweight or you're insecure about other parts of your body those can easily be fixed. Me personally when I'm looking at a persons "Attractiveness" the face is the first thing I look at. I get told I have really nice eyes all the time, sometimes you wonder if that's all you ever hear that maybe it's the only good part of you. But that's not true, don't let it tear you down but instead let it be a stepping stone of confidence. I know alot of thin ugly people and I actually feel bad for them cuz there's nothing they can fix about that, where as with just a bit of hard work I can lose some weight and tone up a few areas and I'll be a much more attractive person then them. You have everything in the world going for you just seize it!
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I wish someone would say that I have a pretty face! I'd be chuffed!
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get.....'Well you are ACTUALLY quite handsome'......I want to suffocate them in my voluptuous cleavage :)
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    LOL SO GOOD!!!
    I always say "I KNOW". They seem so taken aback by the confidence :tongue:
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i may be be fat but i can lose the weight, your an *kitten*, how do u fix that?? lol

YES!!!!!
  • vanillarama
    vanillarama Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I know that when I was bigger (and I think I had a prettier face back then!) I realized that taking 'but you have such a pretty face' as an insult said more about my own feelings and self-esteem than about the words that were being said to me. Those words made ME think, 'but I'm so fat'. No one else- just me.