Working out,eating well,losing fat but not weight :(

Options
So looking for some advice folks,I have been following the plan and eating healthy,working out 6 days a week,i feel and look better but change in weigh is minimal,what am i doing wrong?

Do you think i should forget about weight training till i get to my goal weight?

Replies

• DaphneAtx
    DaphneAtx Posts: 153
    Options
    Take your measurements and stay off the scale. If you are reshaping your body, the measuring tape will tell you for sure and you're noticing a difference already anyway.
  • heylittlesisterr
    Options
    Totally agree. The scale will drive you crazy. Muscle is twice the weight of fat. And I would fail to remember that each time I stepped on it when training to go into the military. So I would eat less, throw up more, and do more cardio. Cardio is truly the key to weight loss, so you could always bump up on that if you truly feel like you're stuck. But I wasn't seeing results ( because of how delusional I was getting in my obsession ) and you are. So that tells you that you are in fact losing. Go with measurements. C=
  • stepheatscake
    stepheatscake Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Don't let the scale determine how your weight loss is going, let your clothes tell you! If you're working out your building muscle which is why you won't be seeing that much-loved weight change. But I bet your body is looking tighter and more toned, THAT is what you want :)
  • rkr22401
    rkr22401 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    If losing WEIGHT was your only goal, you could achieve it by hacking off a limb. Not recommended.

If losing FAT is your goal, it sounds like you're doing the right things.

Muscle is sexy. Forget the scale.
  • GodzillaR35
    GodzillaR35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies everyone,i will try to stay off the scale
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    i wish i were losing fat but not weight. i'd even take losing fat and gaining weight.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    i wish i were losing fat but not weight. i'd even take losing fat and gaining weight.

this^^

i would be cool with being 400lb @ 18%bf
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Cardio is truly the key to weight loss,
    I respectfully disagree with this statement. Caloric deficit is the key. Whether through diet, exercise, or a combination of both. Remember, you can't outexercise a bad diet.
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    if you feel and look great why do you care about a number on a scale.....?
  • GodzillaR35
    GodzillaR35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    if you feel and look great why do you care about a number on a scale.....?

Cause since known to man,decrease in the number on the scale has been the part of the mindset when a person goes on a diet,when i look at my stomach its smaller,body is more toned however no movement on the scale is a bit discouraging
  • luvsbks
    luvsbks Posts: 51
    Options
    You might be building muscle which weighs more than fat. Judge your weight by how your clothes fit and not just by the scale Good Luck:smile:
  • brennsie
    Options
    Right now your losing fat, but gaining muscle. Because muscle is more dense than fat, your weight is staying the same even though you are getting smaller. I know its discouraging, but hey, your looking better now! (even if you don't weigh less) :smile:
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for the number on the scale to go up these days
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    u feel and look better..... end of story.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Scales lie! The scale has led me astray so many times in the past! This time no more than once per month is my motto.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Too bad there isnt a "ditto" button for this entire thread, lol.
  • paigedwatson
    Options
    Isn't that your ultimate goal? To look and feel better? Screw the scale! There have been days I've thought I looked thinner, but the scale disagreed. If you're looking better, that's all that should matter!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Unless you write the number on your forehead nobody know how much you weight but everyone can see your size. Don't be discouraged......you are doing the right thing.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    What's the problem again? I'm not trying to be rude, but that is exactly what you want. And if you had a lot of weight to lose, like I did, it will fall of in chunks. I go a few weeks without losing anything, then overnight I'm down 2 pounds.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    So looking for some advice folks,I have been following the plan and eating healthy,working out 6 days a week,i feel and look better but change in weigh is minimal,what am i doing wrong?

Do you think i should forget about weight training till i get to my goal weight?

Why change - isn't this what is important?