handymen...or wemon.

Louisianababy93
Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
how do you know how much paint to buy when your gunna paint a room in your house?

and i ment women. hahaha

Replies

• Measure all the walls in the room/rooms you want to paint. take H x W = area. Add all the total areas up to get a total Square Footage for the room/s. Then go to your local paint store and tell them that total sq footage. They will then tell you how much paint to buy. My mom was a painter for years, and one piece of advice she gave me... When you buy paint, always buy extra. So, if they say you need 1.5 gallons... get 2. This helps account for "oops" and later down the road touch-up paint. The reason for this is when they mix the color into the base white it is hard to match exactly what was made the first time around. Over the years they have been able to better measure out the mixture of colors... you know, one pump of red, 1/2 pump of orange... ect to get Raunchy Red... Paint mixer A would make it.. maybe inadvertantly adding a shot of yellow.. or ?? When mixer B comes along, the mystery color added by mixer A would be missing... and you wind up with a color mismatch.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    sounds good! thanks you guys.