From Pancake Butt to Bootylicious!

Options
Maybe my particular transformation isn't as notable as most, and I accept that. I didn't have as much weight to lose when I first joined MFP(I have lost about 20 lbs since joining.) Even 20 lbs heavier, people still said I was ok.

But OK was never good enough for me. I wanted to have a "rockstar" body, not just an "ok" body.

Heck, compared to most people, I was still considered thin. Thin doesn't necesarily mean a good looking body. I was thin most of my life till babies. And for most of it I had a butt that was made fun of. I still remember two girls from school calling me flat chested and flat a$$ed.

Well, can't do much for the former unless I pay for it..lol, but I CAN do something about the latter.

Here is a 20 week progression of a particular muscle group. I am currently in a contest(so WISH ME LUCK!) and in my final pictures I did a zombie theme - just in case you are wondering why I am defending myself from the undead in the third pic. ( I am a HUGE Wallking Dead Fan as well as I just love reading, watching anything in the dystopic, apocalyptic genre. Anyone read The Passage by Justing Cronin???? Two big THUMBS up! Go read it if you haven't!)

So yes, maybe these results aren't as eyepopping as someone who has lost a lot of weight...but hopefully this will also give some inspiration to those who are small..and want to believe that huge changes are still possible.

And maybe for those who have lost all their weight and are not sure why they still aren't happy with their look once they have hit their small size..they can see that sometimes.it's just a tweak here or there that can take you from "ok" to "awesome"

2en583n.jpg

Replies

• Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Nice buns :) well done, you look fab!
  • megtwittles
    megtwittles Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great job !
  • RozsGurl
    RozsGurl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What exercises did you do to achieve this?
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    What are you talking about, I can see TONS of progress! You look great, girl! Good luck in your competition :)
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    HOLY *kitten*, great job, loving your work
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Great but!

I am on a quest for Epic *kitten* myself :)
  • melindadunston
    Options
    Good job! HUGE walking dead fan here too! I can't wait for season 3!!! Do you watch Talking Dead too? If not you have to!!! Yes what execises did you do??? I am in half marathon training right now and have lost a 30lbs but when my race is over Oct 21 I want to start sculpting my body! I have a flat but and need to plump it up a little:)
  • mineboy
    mineboy Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    you look great, job well done.
  • melindadunston
    Options
    You knew you were going to get those comments!...lol Hands where we can see them sir....lol
  • Alr080389
    Alr080389 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great job :-)
  • HBinOC
    HBinOC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow ! You did that in 20 weeks- Congrats ! I wish I had a butt like that!
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts are a GIRLS best friend. Other favs- Bulgarian squats, curtsy lunges, HIGH bench stepups. (scratch that- I hate stepups, but they really helped with activating the glute.)

And heavy weights. HEAVY. Not pink dumbells. You go into the weight room dominated by men and you take their IRON! I remember being so intimidated by all the protein shake swilling men who looked at me as if I did not belong in their territory. And I used to be in the army and was USED to being around mostly men. I can't imagine what it is like for most other women. I also worked out alot before(mainly running and bodyweight, so it wasn't like I was a newbie to working out.)

Now I make the men uncomfortable. LOL. If the gym is too packed, I immediately grab some weight and start doing deadlifts. It makes Men uber UNcomfortable..in a good way.. they give me my space to do my exercises now. ;)

Seriously though- Heavy weights are AWESOME for bringing out your shape. They obviously did not make me look "bulky." Heavy weight training made me look more feminine!
  • mineboy
    mineboy Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    Yes, Holy *kitten*. ,,...lol
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Very nice!! I am also attempting to increase my *kitten*-ets lol, so very impressed!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Nice! Well done! And I've just bought that book on eBay after your recommendation, haha
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, you look great!
  • aoifebos1
    aoifebos1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look great! I am currently a flat *kitten* but planing on changing that real soon! Stepped into the heavy weights room for the first time this week and while I am still nervous in there around all those men that know what they are doing I am determinded to carry on and get those muscles!
  • melindadunston
    Options
    Yes heavy weights scare me!!! I think I will work with the trainer at my gym...even though she is kinda a b****!
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You knew you were going to get those comments!...lol Hands where we can see them sir....lol
    Hahahaha!!!!!

Great Booty, BTW. Nice work!
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Damn. Nice *kitten*.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!