How does this make you feel?

Options

Replies

• SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I think that these parents are setting their children up for a lifetime of obesity and pain.

These parents and children have serious issues. Children pick up on parent's unhealthy relationship with food.

My daughter and step-daughter are both completely healthy weights. I've taught them about food you can have all the time (any time they ask) vs. "sometimes" foods (cake, ice cream, chocolate, cookies). If they had started teaching them the right things about food, I do not believe they would be the weight they are or sneaking food.

It just makes me sad.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I think that these parents are setting their children up for a lifetime of obesity and pain.

These parents and children have serious issues. Children pick up on parent's unhealthy relationship with food.

My daughter and step-daughter are both completely healthy weights. I've taught them about food you can have all the time (any time they ask) vs. "sometimes" foods (cake, ice cream, chocolate, cookies). If they had started teaching them the right things about food, I do not believe they would be the weight they are or sneaking food.

It just makes me sad.

I feel the same about it.. Especially when the parents are like "Oh, let him eat junk", while their kid is severely unhealthy
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options

It just makes me sad.

I feel the same about it.. Especially when the parents are like "Oh, let him eat junk", while their kid is severely unhealthy

The size isn't even what gets me about it... It's the types of unhealthy foods that they let them have... I wonder if they realize that if the junk wasn't in the house to begin with, the kid couldn't have it... That and if a child is actually hungry they will eventually have to eat something healthy if you stop giving them junk.