Any One who lives in New York or travels can you help?

Options
Im going to new york for the day and i dont know where to eat and know what im eating calorie wise anyone know what i can do or have suggestions???

Replies

• mpatte16
    Options
    If you are going to new york city it should be easy.. they have to post their calorie contents .. hope this helps
    p.s. have fun!

"NEW YORK (CNN) -- The New York City Board of Health voted unanimously Tuesday to require all city chain restaurants to post calorie data on their menus.

The order requiring New York chain restaurants to post calories on their menus comes after months of litigation.

Some restaurants already make the calorie counts of menu items available, but beginning March 31 they will have to put the numbers on menu boards and menus.

The change will affect restaurants with 15 or more outlets -- roughly 10 percent of all city restaurants, according to a news release from the city's health department.

The Department of Health argued in October that "calorie information provided at the time of food selection would enable New Yorkers to make more informed, healthier choices." - Jan 22 2008
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Well I saw that when i went to mcdonalds there it was awesome however do restaurants do that too and delis? thats what id perfer to eat something we dont have here...
  • mdale2
    mdale2 Posts: 79
    Options
    My vote:

Don't worry about it. Find a unique corner in the city and experience the cuisine....as long as it's out of Times Square. That area of the city is a giant tourist trap (and expensive to boot).

Any ideas on where you'll be in the city? I go there about once per month with my fiance on the train. There's a killer middle eastern place I know of, but it's out of the way of downtown. There's also a fantastic (and cheap) pub by Ground Zero that's good. There's a handful of places we've tried so far... hopefully some NYC locals can pitch in more ideas than me.

Edit... best bets: delicatessens, ethnic fare, cafes