Replies

• dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    I have a ways to go so NO you are not alone....add me if ya like :happy:
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have about 80-100 to lose! Now if I could just get back the motivation to be good and go to the gym like I was about a month or so ago. Im starting to feel guilty about not going!

Starting wgt: 242
    Current Wgt: 233
    Goal Wgt: 150 ish (Ideal would be high 120's but dont think I'm built to be that skinny)

Good Luck!
  • bakz4
    bakz4 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Everyone here has their own battles with weight loss. Some have a little to lose, others have a lot. Some seem to drop quickly while others struggle. Some seem to love exercise yet others loathe it. We're all here for different reasons.

Personally, I think I have a lot to lose. For me, if I look at the big picture, I get frustrated, so I focus on one-day-at-a-time! When I go to bed I am either happy with myself for the good choices I've made, or I forgive myself and remind myself that tomorrow is another day to do better.

You've certainly come to the right place for support. Whether a lot, or just a little, remember each person is facing their own battle, not to be compared to anyone else's!
  • mary1028
    mary1028 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have have about 110 lbs to lose . Just starting out but I am trying to THINK about what I am eating. I am a big grazer just picking things up without thinking about what I am doing. If I can break that habit, I can do this. Good luck and keep moving!!
  • tacampbell3
    Options
    You are not alone!!! I have a lot of weight to lose. More than I actually want to post on here and I've only lost 7lbs. so far, in a little over a month. I am so proud of my 7lbs. and it just spurs me on to lose more. I have had some difficult days but for the most part this has just clicked with me, partly because I am eating the same foods that my family eats. I eat less and cut a few things to make my calorie goal. I don't feel like i'm dieting. I just made a life style change! oh, and I made a pact with myself to exercise everyday for a month at a time. I only took one day off last month, so I am into my 2nd month of month long exercise. I took one day off :) I exercise everyday whether it's 20min or 50.
  • HeatherMale0330
    Options
    Hun. Don't feel bad. I definitely have a lot of weight to lose. I'm 21 with 100+ pounds to lose. Recently, I'm 13 pounds lighter using this site with the amazing support system of everybody on here. But in my weight loss journey altogether, I'm roughly 43 pounds lighter than before! :) Don't feel alone! You can add me as a friend! :)

29282158.png
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I've lost 71 pounds and now I only have around 10 to lose but it's possible!! Keep going :)
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have what feels like a ton to lose. Not literally a ton, but when I cart it around everyday, it feels that way. At the start I needed to lose about 210. I have lost some of it, but I have a LONG way to go still. Blessings!
  • quiltingducky
    quiltingducky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    By far you are not alone. There are a great deal of us with a lot of weight to lose, but the variety of the people who have lost a lot or a little and who are losing a lot or a little is great! I get so motivated reading the success stories and just gathering information from all over this site. Some of it I apply and believe in more than others, but you have to find what works for you and stick with it.

You can do this, it might take longer than we want, but you can do it.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. When I signed up for MFP I was looking down the long road of needing to lose 120 pounds. You'll find a lot of support here. You're welcome to add me.
  • Shawneb66
    Shawneb66 Posts: 124
    Options
    THIS... LOSING weight make your clothes LOOSE fitting!!
  • desireeanne08
    Options
    thankyou for all the replys
    i have around 150-200 Ibs to lose
  • Lola7791
    Lola7791 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't matter how much we have to lose...but it helps knowing that others understand how difficult it can b!! Feel free to add me! According to doc I need to lose 90 pounds. Feel free to add me
  • munroebby
    Options
    Can I add some friends also?, im new here and hoping to loose 45 pounds...
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    At one point, I had around 150 to lose, I lost a lot of that by myself then got stuck for several years with 100 lbs to lose. I lost 30 on MFP, and am stuck again for several weeks. When I got referred to MFP I thought this whole place was for obese people - but its my FITNESS pal. That means there are people who only have 10lbs left to lose, but may have lost 100 already and there are people with nothing to lose, just keeping themselves level. There are also those trying to gain weight, and some just monitoring food ingredients, e.g. keeping sodium intake down.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    The more you LOSE the LOOSER your clothes will be.

Its MyFitnessPal - not MySpellingPal or MyTrollPal
  • anie8989
    anie8989 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I want to lose about 120 lbs to get to my goal weight, though if I lose 100, I'd be perfectly happy. Add me if you want :) I just started a month ago, and already down 3lbs!

:)
  • Jaybew99
    Jaybew99 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Staring that big number that you have to lose in the face is really tough. I've lost 22 since August 1st and I'd like to lose another 98. The number overwhelms me sometimes and makes me sad. Then a new day comes and I try to stay the course. One day at a time. One foot in front of the other.

We're here to cheer you on!
  • RellaBelle
    RellaBelle Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Nope, you're not alone [obviously at this point with all the responses ^_^]. I would definitely like to lose 100 lbs and when I get to that point, Ill determine what else to do from there. I have no idea what 165 looks like on me, Ive always been big, even as a kid. I started this off at 265 and am now at 249. I try not to look at it as "Omg.. I still have 84lbs to go!", I set mini goals. My first goal is 245, that was how much I weighed after 2 of my pregnancies. My next goal will be 215, my weight after I had my twins. And so on and so forth from there. Im definitely going to send you a friend request, I dont currently have any weight loss buddies that are doing anything right and my husband is no help lol. We can do this together!!
  • mary1028
    mary1028 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am new too. Love friends to help me and to help.