Don't Give Up

Options
Losing weight is a lot of work, and all of you here today wouldn't be if you weren't serious about losing some. It's so much easier to gain weight than to lose it, which is completely unfair. But just think even if you just lost one to 20 pounds look at what you accomplished. Remember how far you already gotten and keep pushing yourself so you can reach your goal. Don't quit just because it's hard and you're not losing the weight as quickly as you wanted. Have real goals, not unrealistic ones. Not everyday is a perfect day, sometimes we all fall off the path and eat something we regret later, but the next day go back on your path to losing weight.
You can do it, I know I can!

Replies

• UNCLRB15
    Options
    i agree with that!!!!!
  • flcherrybomb
    Options
    this was very helpful . I have lost a total of 56 lbs but 10 came bk after my epilepsy started up again due to not being able to be active but I have to persevere I come to far to give up now.
  • mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!!!! You are so right!
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Great post,thanks for sharing :) Losing weight isn't easy,but it CAN be done.Thank you so much for the encouragement,I needed that :)
  • rhaven15th
    Options
    I gained five pounds just last week because I was moving and having a dinner almost every night with friends, it IS discouraging, and depressing when it happens, but I am back on track this week and already lost one pound! Keep up the good work! You can and will do it!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Great post. It can be frustrating when we are not losing as fast as we would like or are sidelined from exercise due to illness or injury. But, we have tto change our mindset. Lifestyle change not diet.

Slow & steady wins the race here.

If you are down due to illness, listen to your body & rest. Worry about weight loss again when you are healthy.

Sidelined due to injury? Again, listen to your body. Don't push it & make yourself out of the game longer. Baby steps. Change your activity level to sedentary & your goal to maintenance until you are healed. Then slowly work your way back to full game.
  • lalala06
    lalala06 Posts: 153
    Options
    thank you for posting this.. really needed a boost today, since my scale decided to go up a lb for no good reason :grumble:
  • Qos_
    Qos_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks, you're right... Progress is progress!