is this a normal weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I averaged 2 lbs. a week weight loss and it has taken me a little over 38 months now but this was a lifestyle change so time was never a pressing issue cause I would eventually get to my goal and I am not quite there yet. Still a work in progress... One thing I would suggest is staying off the scale and don't let that define your weight loss. I only step on the scale once a week, I log what it says and move on to hitting my goals for the next week. There is so much more to it than the number on the scale.... The way you feel, the way your clothes fit, to name a few..... Your heading in the right direction... Best of Luck

yeah, it's a little difficult to not be obsessed with the number because I'm the type of person who likes actual hard numbers to see that I'm making progress.... Maybe I should start measuring myself instead?

you're obsessing over an instrument that's not very accurate. most home scales can't be trusted. unless you have a properly calibrated medical beam scale, you really can't trust what your scale tells you. all you can do is use it to determine trends. i can step on my little home digital scale 5 times within a minute and get 5 different readings. i take the average of those 5 and use it to determine my overall trend. for this reason, it makes no sense to weigh yourself more than once per week.