I am so glad I did not spend the money on nutra system

Options
I was on the nutrasystem website over and over and did not want to spend that money. Like everyone else I just don't have that kind of money.
This so easy to do.
I fill in my entire day the night before and take a bunch of factored in snack stuff to work. I nibble all day, eat my lean cousine or chunky soup for lunch. Then, what ever snacks I don't finish I have for the evening after a well portioned dinner.

Love it.

Replies

• BrendaH
    BrendaH Posts: 17
    Options
    I was on the nutrasystem website over and over and did not want to spend that money. Like everyone else I just don't have that kind of money.
    This so easy to do.
    I fill in my entire day the night before and take a bunch of factored in snack stuff to work. I nibble all day, eat my lean cousine or chunky soup for lunch. Then, what ever snacks I don't finish I have for the evening after a well portioned dinner.

Love it.
  • christahollis
    Options
    It's a good thing you didn't!
    My aunt tried it...not only was it expensive, she discovered the key to weight loss with that system. The food is apparently so bad that you can't actually eat it!
    No refunds!
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    It's a good thing you didn't!
    My aunt tried it...not only was it expensive, she discovered the key to weight loss with that system. The food is apparently so bad that you can't actually eat it!
    No refunds!
    Glad you mentioned, you answered my questions about those plans.:smile:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Here is my problem with those type of "diets"...you don't learn how to eat when you come off their food. You lose the weight and then you are on your own. You have learned nothing about how to eat while on their program. So you may lose weight but you gain no knowledge of how to live after the fact.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    ya i have a friend thats on that diet right now and has lost like 70 pounds,, she looks good what i wonder is whats gonna happen to her after she quits eating that food, unless she plans on eating it the rest of her life, i cant see that with the way it is priced,, never know the price to pay to be skinny,,
    weight watchers is the same i know a few people that was on that and after they quit doing their point thing wham they gained weight
    this is better good old fashion calorie counting!!!!!!!!!and cheap too!!!:drinker:
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I did the NutriSystem diet a few years ago and it worked for me. The food is pretty good though there are some that I didn't like. But yes, it is very expensive. $250-300 a month but you can quit anytime. I almost went on it again this past January but decided against it because of the costs. So I just committed myself to this site and I joined the gym ($300 a year vs. $3000 a year for NS) and I have had tremendous success, 22 lbs. so far.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    It's so funny because at the beginning of the year I called LA weight loss to find out details. My first question was " I don't want to spend $500 to lose weight, so are your rates reasonable?" The girl laughed and said "no,no,no, you don't have to worry". Then I asked if you had to buy their food and she told me "no". I went to my consultation and they told me I had to buy their bars as snacks (2 bars a day) and by the end of the consultation they told me it would cost me $1200 to lose the 40lbs I wanted to lose.
    I walked out.

All we need is dedication and a little willpower. We don't need these companies because at the end, yes we may lose weight but when the weight is lost, we have to teach ourselves to eat properly anyway. So why not skip a step. Yes it may take longer but we can save $$ and use it to buy new clothes.:smile:

That's just my opinion.
  • SheIsVirgo
    Options
    I still do Nutrisystem and it works for me in what I need. I travel 90-95% of the time, so it is easy for me to buy 'a la carte' food from NS and take along with me. Not all food is good, but I only order what I like. Not all food is good in the crocery stores either--so I buy what I like. The good thing is that we do have choices and we have to find what works for us.

As long as we remember that in addition to our calories, portion control and exercise are important.

""ya i have a friend thats on that diet right now and has lost like 70 pounds,, she looks good what i wonder is whats gonna happen to her after she quits eating that food,"" from jenken99.

I have a complete NS cookbook put together by one member who has been on her maintenance program cooking all meals for herself and her family for the past 7 years. Where there is a will, there is a way.

I have 24 lbs to go and I think with the help of this site and all of you cheering each other on, we can do it.

:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    I'm glad this site exists. People that charge and really don't help should be closed down for good. Sites like this one who is not in it for a profit but to help should stay open forever. :smile:
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Nutra System doesnt seem that expensive to me. $300 a month for ALL your meals? If you really think about it, those lean cuisines and such are the same price ($3.29 each) and with nutrisystem you get snacks too. I easily spend upwards of $500 on groceries a month. We sometimes spend $20-$25 just for one dinner. And thats not including when we eat out. It really adds up. I guess NS SEEMS expenive cuz you pay for it all at once. Dont get me wrong I dont buy into those diets but I still dont think its really high priced, if it works. Just my 2 cents.:happy: