Blogging about your loss?

mamacassi
mamacassi Posts: 131
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
No idea how to classify this...
But do you think blogging could help motivate you? I consider doing a once a day blog about my eating and how I feel ,mostly for me, but then I think well what if someone I know saw this! It's strange how ashamed you can feel of letting yourself gain the weight. :/
However, writing really makes me feel a lot better, just never like to admit how large I FEEL.

Replies

• PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    But do you think blogging could help motivate you? I consider doing a once a day blog about my eating and how I feel ,mostly for me, but then I think well what if someone I know saw this! It's strange how ashamed you can feel of letting yourself gain the weight. :/
    However, writing really makes me feel a lot better, just never like to admit how large I FEEL.

I've had issues with that too. I would start up a blog on a different website (like blogger.com) and remain anonymous. I have my own on there and just spill my feelings on everything including my weight. It doesn't have my name or picture or anything that someone could stumble upon and know it's me. It kinda like a open but private diary. The world can see it, but my face isn't there for someone to judge. I always feel better after I blog.

Good luck! :-)
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    I think it's a good idea. I've seen people on youtube with their home videos in their weight loss journey as well as bloggers and it makes you feel somewhat accountable for losing weight successfully because you know others are watching or following your journey and you want to be successful when other's are watching right?

Go for it.
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    I find the blog invaluable. I have different posts on different themes and update them by editing. When I use the blog and log food, I stay motivted. When I don't, I get bored and start eating the wrong foods. You can make the blog private so only you have access.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member

A lot of people that I know in person are frequent contributors to this website. They often read and comment on what I say. Talking to them, and making public my goals, is very motivational. It's one thing to let yourself down, but when your circle of freinds and family are watching it's a different story. Not that I don't ever screw up in this procress, but when I do there's lots of motivation to get back on track.

So yes, putting yourself out there is a good way to be accountable.

I've made one real blog post, but I don't think it will be an everyday thing, just when something I think is compelling comes to mind.
  • I've started a blog for my weight loss. I have an entire plan set up. Weekly check ins, posting about foods I cook (I'm a foodie & love to cook) as well as blogging about the emotional stuff as well. I get being ashamed. I almost didn't add the tracker to my blog because I didn't want people to know just how much I need to lose. But I think you'll find that if you do open up that you'll get a lot of support that you didn't realize was out there.

Just my 2 cents.
    :)
  • fit2sit
    fit2sit Posts: 82 Member
    I agree, blogging is a good way to archive your progress. Whether you are doing great or have a few days whewre you slip. Also, don't forget to take a pitcture of yourself when you do your weekly weigh-in and measurements if that is what you do (I know some people are daily). It's quite amazing the before and after pictures, but when you see them once a week you won't notice much difference until you line them up all together.
  • AGG115
    AGG115 Posts: 62
    I also have an anonymous blog, but that's mostly for when I'm frustrated with my husband or boss or something since both of them read my other blog. It's mostly poetry I write when I feel depressed. However, I'd recommend you do one with people you know for the encouragement. I know how it is to feel ashamed of being heavy, but the blog isn't about being fat! It's about getting fit! And that is something great and something that could inspire others!
This discussion has been closed.