100 pounds to lose, new to boards!

Options
Hey everyone my name is Courtney and I am on my journey of losing 100 pounds. It has been a long, drawn out struggle ever since an illness held me back for almost two years, to the point where I had put on 100 lbs and was the biggest I have EVER been. I've always been the curvy type of girl, comfortable at 170-180 for my height, 5'5", but I want to get back to my 'happy weight' so to speak. I topped out at 275 that was recorded, I may have been a few pounds heavier because I was weighed after being sick for a week at the doctor's office, and I will never see that number again!

My main goal is to be as fit and healthy as possible! I never want to be skinny, I want to be toned. I love my curves and plan on keeping them but I prefer to be under 200 lbs to fit into my favorite dresses and clothes again. Also, I feel so much better when I am around my healthy size and weight range, that feeling falls into other aspects of my life. I recently got married to a wonderful man, who's my best friend and my rock, he means the world to me! I want to be able to keep up with him on our runs and in general, and I want to be a healthy wife for him and eventually be a positive influence for when we have children in the future!

Looking forward to becoming a part of the boards and hopefully I can give and receive support!

Replies

• Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Looks like you are almost halfway to your goal already.....that's fabulous! You can finish this!
  • Evette7
    Evette7 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have a lot to lose as well! Mutual support sound good to you? I will send you a friend request now!
  • jessiica_xo
    jessiica_xo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the boards but not MFP, I'd love to add you, I have around the same amount to lose! Anyone else wanting to add for moral support, please do. The more, the merrier!
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcomes everyone! :)
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! You'll love it here!
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I really love it so far!