College Students / Beer

Options
For all the college students out there.

In the time off from classes (between terms) I really don't drink much beer. I enjoy the time off and just relax, sans alcohol. Once classes get started: mid-terms, projects, papers etc. it is so nice to settle in for a long night of studying/ homework with some beer. I work full time and go to college on a 3/4th time basis... Is the beer counter productive to my clean diet and working out? I am now in maintenance, just looking to work on muscle tone. I know the calories/ carbohydrates are a factor but then also the effect the alcohol has on the protein/ fat breakdown and overall metabolism. Just wanted to get a clearer picture of what the pros and cons are.

Thanks!

Replies

• Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about the pros and cons, but I've found Molson 67 is a really good tasting beer and it's only 67 Calories! I don't drink it all the time, but when I do, that's what I drink.

Cheers!
  • DTFaaron
    Options
    you just have to do your research on what type of beer you wanna drink. I did a little research myself and found that Corona Light only has 99 cal but still has flavor. Amstel light is another good one. I had about 6 or 7 beers last week and I was still able to lose 9 lbs. I also had some rum and diet cokes (66 cal each) and Bloody Marys (about 125 cal). DO NOT DRINK REGULAR BEER if you wanna lose weight.
    You can also have Michelob Ultra and Miller 64 but they don't have much flavor.
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Thanks for the beer ideas!:wink::laugh: I was also thinking about the chemical side, the effect the alcohol (not the carbs or calories) have on how your body processes fat and protein.... :happy: