Jazzercise!

Options
I absolutely love jazzercise for working out... if you can find a franchise in your area, I highly recommend it :)
I have been doing it for the last 9 years. I tend to stop going for awhile and then gain weight and want to try something extreme but I always go back to jazzercise!
It consists of aerobics that go from low impact to high impact and back down and then 15 mins of weight lifting and strength training! GREAT STUFF! :)

Replies

• clairecandoit11
    clairecandoit11 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    http://www.jazzercise.com/learn_workoutguide.htm

This can help you find a class in your area :)
  • thr33martins
    thr33martins Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am an instructor.....I can't believe this post did not get more responses! I know there are quite a few Jazzers on here! You are in great company!!
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I go 6 days a week. 5:30 am is my class of choice. I think its a GREAT workout!! Love the music!
  • thr33martins
    thr33martins Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    We should get a daily thread going!
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been involved with Jazzercise since 1978!! I did own a franchise from 1984-1990 and it was a wonderful experience. I moved around the country (USA) and could always take it with me which was fantastic as I lived in places I wasn't so happy about - lol! But, Jazzercising was so grounding, like a home base.

I still enjoy it today mostly with DVD's at home :flowerforyou:
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I used to do Jazzercise religiously when I lived in Southern CA. I moved to Vegas and tried it for a while but it just wasn't the same as far as pricing, class variety or attending classes at a dedicated Jazzercise facility. I miss it!
  • dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    <<instructor and addict. 5-6 classes a week for the past 2 years. Can't get enough. Doesn't feel like as hard of a workout as it really is! Friend request me if you'd like. :)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    <---I built this with jazzercise....it totally works.
  • abobrien
    abobrien Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Jazzercise and it is the only thing that works for me! I wear a heartrate monitor to class and if I really work hard, I burn at least 400 calories each class, often more. Its amazing and I'm so glad you shared!
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE jazzercise! Unfortunately I don't live anywhere near a place that does it now so I settle for the occasional zumba class....
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    with a name like that, you know it's legit
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Is it free?? I don't want to spend my beer money! :angry:
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    when ever i think of looking into these classes i still can't help thinking that is all old ladies in leatards,head bands and leg warmers! do young people really takes these classes? No i'm not bashing or hating just old school infomerchials in my head!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    when ever i think of looking into these classes i still can't help thinking that is all old ladies in leatards,head bands and leg warmers! do young people really takes these classes? No i'm not bashing or hating just old school infomerchials in my head!!

Would love for you to go to a class with me...It's totally not like that.
  • bcchick33
    bcchick33 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am 24, and have been doing jazzercise for 2 years. absolutely love it!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options

Whatever hater!!!!

I LOVE jazzercise :)
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

Whatever hater!!!!

I LOVE jazzercise :)

they see me rollin... they hatin
  • iluvco3
    iluvco3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Not sure how I feel about the "old lady" post. :(. I am one of those old ladies, but I promise, no leotards, headband, and legwarmers. I am a total addict - 13 years. I have already surpassed 200 classes for this year. When someone says find an exercise you love. That is just what I did.

I'm 63, but there is a lady who comes who is 76. She is a former ballet dancer and is amazing. I hope to still be going to Jazzercise at 76 in spite of people who may make fun.

I encourage anyone who will listen to give it a try.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    Not sure how I feel about the "old lady" post. :(. I am one of those old ladies, but I promise, no leotards, headband, and legwarmers. I am a total addict - 13 years. I have already surpassed 200 classes for this year. When someone says find an exercise you love. That is just what I did.

I'm 63, but there is a lady who comes who is 76. She is a former ballet dancer and is amazing. I hope to still be going to Jazzercise at 76 in spite of people who may make fun.

I encourage anyone who will listen to give it a try.

^ This.....Like I was telling someone who wrote me......Even if you can't make it to a class in your area you can find good songs/routines on-line. This is one of my favorite ones and makes me feel like I am part of the globetrotters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3zvZimryao&amp;feature=related
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Hi again! I was from those high cut leotard, headband, slouch sox days! It was fun, we even would get colorful shoelaces to match the leotard of the day...LOL

Now, its more black yoga style pants...colorful stretchy shirts...

Still lots of fun, I'm 53 but there are a majority of younger girls at some of the classes I go to. (As well as some seniors....)

Most of all it feels to be a very accepting atmosphere....that AND you burn fat! LOVE IT! :heart:

I wear my HRM and burn 350-400 cals and that is good for me!