Hi there everyone!

Options
Hi!
I'm Tiffany, and I'm 19-years old. I started tracking my food a week ago because I joined a weight loss challenge (an Herbalife one, but that's a whole other story). However, I plan to keep tracking for a while after the challenge ends until I feel confident enough to make smart choices regarding food.
My three hardest aspects of this weight loss journey are: getting myself to go to the gym (I love it once I'm there, though!), drinking more plain water, and cutting Diet Coke out. I struggle with those three things the most.
This is my first serious attempt to lose weight; I've tried by myself multiple times in the past because I've always had a weight problem, but now I'm determined enough and the weight loss challenged is motivating.

I also decided it would be nice to talk to other people and make friends on here, so I figured introducing myself would be the best bet. :)

Replies

• chrissylovescj
    chrissylovescj Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tiffany!

I, too, decided to cut out diet sodas and have done pretty well. Plain water isn't so bad, I usually drink 4-6 glasses at work per day. I don't allow myself anything else to drink (except my one cup of coffee) until I drink my water. I think it's great that you are so motivated. MFP is a great tool!! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Cara85K
    Cara85K Posts: 122
    Options
    I don't think I will ever be able to cut out diet coke. More power to you. If you need a friend though I've just started again on MFP. :)
  • tiffanysb
    tiffanysb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tiffany!

I, too, decided to cut out diet sodas and have done pretty well. Plain water isn't so bad, I usually drink 4-6 glasses at work per day. I don't allow myself anything else to drink (except my one cup of coffee) until I drink my water. I think it's great that you are so motivated. MFP is a great tool!! Feel free to add me as a friend.

Thank you! :)
    A classmate told me to reward myself once a week with a Diet Coke and then gradually cut down from there, and to drink ice water.
    I'll definitely add you as a friend :)
  • tiffanysb
    tiffanysb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't think I will ever be able to cut out diet coke. More power to you. If you need a friend though I've just started again on MFP. :)

Haha, that's my biggest issue. I'll tell myself not to drink it, but then I go and drink it. I'm trying my hardest not to now, though.
    I'll add you :)