WOW WOW WOW WOWSIE

Just jumped on the scale and I'm down from 240lbs to 226.3!

WHAT IS YOUR LOSS??

Sincerely,

WEHEWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Replies

• Just jumped on the scale and I'm down from 240lbs to 226.3!

WHAT IS YOUR LOSS??

Sincerely,

WEHEWWWWWWWWWWWWW
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    I know how that feels. I started on 1 Jan at 236 and today I'm at 202 and down from a size 40 to size 36 pants. What a wonderful feeling isn't it!?
  • BrendaH
    BrendaH Posts: 17
    Great...nothing feels better
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Congrats!
  • Hi

Wow thats great (what your secret! lol)

I started off weighing 176 under two weeks ago and this morning i was 169.4

well done us, lol :laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Awesome job Stevo!:happy:
  • bethany_burns
    bethany_burns Posts: 22 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yahoo....
    Great job
    I started here over 8 weeks ago at 155
    This am I was 139 (down from 141 last week..I had a good week)

Let's all keep up the good work!

Kim
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Congratulations:drinker: :drinker: I don't get weighed until Friday when I go to the doctor. :smile: That is awesome, I am happy for you:drinker:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Mine has come off much slower, but last March I weighed 188. Today I weigh 145. Ten pounds to go!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    That's terrific!!! Keep up the fantastic job!
  • good job!!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Mine has come off much slower, but last March I weighed 188. Today I weigh 145. Ten pounds to go!
    If you don't mind me asking.......did you do the calorie count ? and the full amount they suggested everyday and exercise? That has been a year right? When I here how great you guys do I wish there was something that all the ones that have lost weight say how they did it. How many calories and their type of exercise , I think it would help those of us who have just started.:smile:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    If you don't mind me asking.......did you do the calorie count ? and the full amount they suggested everyday and exercise? That has been a year right? When I here how great you guys do I wish there was something that all the ones that have lost weight say how they did it. How many calories and their type of exercise , I think it would help those of us who have just started.:smile:

Karen,
    I basically stay away from white flour, sugar, potatos, rice, pasta. I do eat 100% whole grain bread and some whole grain pasta. I eat all fruits and veggies. I also drink fat free milk and eat cheese and nuts. I eat lots of chicken, some pork and lean beef. I had to find a way to do this that I could live with b/c I refuse to put this weight back on. Basically what works for me is to not deny myself something I love but just remember MODERATION! I didn't count calories until January when I found this site. I wish I had found it sooner b/c it really has held me accountable to myself and what I put in my mouth. If I want a cookie, I eat a cookie or a serving size of a cookie...not the whole row of them. I don't crave sweets that often but when I do then I eat it, but just a serving size.

This site told me to eat 1340 calories daily to lose a pound a week and I found that I was dizzy all the time so I upped my calories to 1500 and the "dizzies" are gone. I exercise ALOT. The three days that I don't work I spend 2.5-3.5 hours in the gym or on my bike if weather permits. I do cardio and weight training and I make sure I keep my heart rate above my target while doing my cardio. Since I really started paying attn to that I have seen a big difference in the way my clothes fit and people are really starting to comment of my appearance this week so I know something is happening even though the scale is not moving much. The two days that I work I do a yoga class and maybe a little cardio if there is time. I usually ride my bike or go to the gym either Sat or sun. I spend alot of time outside walking, hiking, riding bikes, playing basketball with my kids. and while I don't count that as exercise I am moving so I guess it is.

If I ate all the extra calories that I earned on the power days at the gym I would be eating well over 2500 calories a day and I don't need that much. I try to not go over 1800 no matter what. I may eat that much on my power days but try to stay around 1500 on the slower days.

I have had to do a little trial and error to see what works for me. We are each different and while it is great to "know" what works for others, only you can know for sure what will work for you. Try it a few different ways and see how your body responds. I was wearing a size 14 last March and now I am wearing a size 6.

I really believe exercise and eating in moderation is the key to successful and permanent weight loss.