M&S Simply Fuller Longer & Diet Chef- Any thoughts?

I've been doing some research into some easier ways to stay on my calorie count. I've been good with trying to stay on target, but to be honest, unless I make the food I go over my 1,200 calories since my Hubby has less calorie worries (as he's got a good amount more per day than I do).

I looked at Diet Chef, but I was a little put off by some reviews I had seen. Also, aside from dinners & snacks, the diet chef plan is very similar to many of my breakfasts and soup lunches (although it seemed to have a wider selection of soups and was cheaper than my current grocery shop costs). So if anyone is using that I would love to know how you found it? I like the price of it, but if we don't eat it then the price is too much!

One of the reviews for Diet Chef mentioned the M&S line of Simply Fuller Longer (saying it was better). I instantly went onto M&S website to find out more information since I don't usually shop at M&S. It didn't say anything about cost; so how much is this on average? Like average/range of cost per meal maybe or even per day?

If anyone has general thoughts about taste for either plan, please share! I was leaning towards Diet Chef, but the lack of commitment with M&S is quite appealing and I may be leaning that way now. M&S is a bit out of the way for me, so I'd prefer to know more about it before thinking about switching from making meals.

Thanks everyone!