Blood Clot?

Options
I severely think that I have a blood clot on the back of my leg. It is tender when I walk and I had minor chest pain today. Has anyone else had one? And if so, what symptoms did you have? I don't want to go to the ER, bc I think I am over reacting, but you imput would help.

Thanks, Patty

Replies

• shagybear33
    Options
    Is the spot hot and red? Does it seemed to have moved at all today?

Irregardless (sp?) I would make the trip to ER just to be on the safe side, especially with the chest pain. I just recently had a friend (she was only 27) pass away from a blood clot that started in her leg and moved into her brain quick quickly. It was a matter of days!!

Better to be safe than sorry!!

Good Luck & please post back!!
  • randrews
    Options
    I had blood clots in my lungs, which typically start out in the legs before migrating to the lungs. I was in the hospital for a week and am lucky to be alive. The initial symptoms are pain in the leg, along with a hot spot where the clot is lodged. There are other symptoms but you should google it to be certain. This can kill you very quickly if it gets to your lungs or brain so you better get your booty to the ER. Better safe than sorry!!!
  • Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, my doctor on call will be calling me back, what is this "hot spot", I don't think I have that?
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I say call your doctor and/or go to the ER immediately. Blood clots and chest pain = immediate attention.
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    Have you had any recent surgery? For example, I just had my meniscus repaired. Last week I came down
    with a Baker's Cyst. It has close to all of the symptoms of a clot, which is what my doctor originally feared.
    Luckily it was just a cyst and I just need to get it drained.

Disclaimer...I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Doug