I need help- wedding dress!

Options
pascale485
pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
i am getting married in August and I already found and bought the perfect wedding dress.

except that it's sleeveless. I am pretty large in the shoulders. I don't look disproportionnated in the dress, but it's stresses me out.

My prom dress was sleeveless and when I look back at it, i don't like how I look. Should i get straps made, the store told me it was very easy or should I listen to my family telling me that the dress is beautiful and that i am beautiful in it!

HELP!!!!!

Replies

• andshley
    Options
    My first thought is that you are wearing the dress, not your family. You need to be comfortable in it.

My second thought, try wearing the dress and take a lot of pictures every now and then. You might get used to the look.
  • wanda9501
    wanda9501 Posts: 114
    Options
    When you say sleeve, do you mean satin material stick my arm in sleeve or organza sheer material added as an accent. On your wedding day, you don't want to be wondering about your arms. I say go for a sheer organza sleeve like accent. I saw them do it in "Say Yes to the Dress" Plus size bride and in my opinion it made a big difference. She loved her sleeveless dress but, her face lit up when they added the sleeve to cover the upper part of her arms and your face is were everyone will be looking the most.
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i am getting married in August and I already found and bought the perfect wedding dress.

except that it's sleeveless. I am pretty large in the shoulders. I don't look disproportionnated in the dress, but it's stresses me out.

My prom dress was sleeveless and when I look back at it, i don't like how I look. Should i get straps made, the store told me it was very easy or should I listen to my family telling me that the dress is beautiful and that i am beautiful in it!

HELP!!!!!

Get it taken in wherever it needs to be, and ask the seamstress her opinion. If you are uncomfortable with how it looks on you, make the adjustments if you cannot take it back, but honestly, you want the wedding dress you by to make you blush when seeing it on you. It doesn't matter what other people think, even your own mother or fiance. It matters what you feel you look like in it! It is your big day, and you don't want to look at the photos years from now and say "I can't believe how aweful I looked in it!"

Other people may think you look beautiful in it, but if you don't think you do, then nothing else matters.