Ugh, I am sick

Options
Woke up this morning feeling crappy. I have been exercising daily for the past week, and today I can't do it! I really want to go to the gym and work out... and I am debating whether or not to go to the gym after I get home from my TAing job.

Has anyone tried exercising when they are sick? Sounds like a bad idea, but I feel like if I don't do it, I am gunna lose my momentum.

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I worked out last week and was super sore and got diagnosed with having strep throat. I feel much better now but still feel kindof weak and slow. For me, I'd rather take an extra day just to make sure I'm okay...but I also know how much harder it will be to get to the gym tomorrow because I am choosing not to go today.
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    I just tried to do my treadmill and couldn't do it. I am not sick but I am not feeling great. I usually do 30 minutes on it but I could only do 15 this evening. :-(
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've been sick for a week now. I worked out on the second day. It wasn't bad. But I wouldn't recommend going to a gym to workout. There's a lot of germs out there and your immune system may be a little weak. Plus, if you are coughing and sneezing, you can spread your germs. I have some workout videos I use at home. I like them because on days I really don't feel good, I can pop that in and go at my pace. But I've done something. Maybe you can do some weights while watching tv tonight?