NSV: First Race!

Options
Back in February, I started using MFP and got serious about getting healthier and getting in shape. Being a total Disney geek, I signed up for their inaugural Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10 Mile race in September 2012 and thought it was the perfect goal to work towards. When I started in Feb 2012, I was 198lbs and I had trouble going far just run/walking. I stuck to it and guess what? On Saturday, I completed the 10 mile race in 2:14:37.

Compared to where I was last year (below on the left), I feel so much healthier. The changes I've made this year? I've started using MFP, I've lost 22lbs, I quit SMOKING, and I pay more attention to what/how much I eat. And you know what? Crossing that finish line on Saturday -- it has all been so, SO worth it. My plan is to continue training and run a half marathon in the summer :)

w86tsz.jpg

Replies

• Culley34
    Culley34 Posts: 224
    Options
    That's fantastic! Great job on the race.

I think you can really add some insight to people that are worrying about quitting smoking and gaining weight.

Good luck training for your half marathon!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!