Lunch Ideas please

Options
2»

Replies

• mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    This is a GREAT website with pictures of different lunches, so there are TONS of ideas:

http://easylunchboxes.smugmug.com/The-Best-Lunchbox-System/Yummy-Lunch-Ideas/10136835_SnmBV2#!i=696914291&k=YxmUd
  • melelana
    melelana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My dad packed me this lunch last time I went to visit him, and it was delicious.

The main ingredient was a tapenade: an olive spread that he made using kalmata olives, green spanish olives, garlic cloves, canned pimento peppers, and a couple tablespoons of olive oil thrown in a food processor (he said you can chop it and mix it together, it just takes longer. He put that in a little Tupperware and gave me some whole grain crackers to spread it on. It also tastes really good with some laughing cow light blue cheese wedges.

I'll eat just eight or so crackers with a teaspoon of tapenade each and then bring yogurt, a salad, or fruit. Hope that helps...
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm taking homemade lentil, bacon and vegetable soup in a thermos today.
  • nineandout
    Options
    Today I tried the Starkist Albacore tuna salad in a pouch....sandwich ready. Made into a sandwich, can of progresso f/f minestrone total of 400 calories and very filling.
  • Girl_Bomb
    Girl_Bomb Posts: 195
    Options
    I typically eat a bag of veggies with homemade hummus, then vanilla Greek yogurt with all bran buds, then ill chose a tuna wrap (made with plain Greek yogurt and cottage cheese instead of mayo) or ill make a big pot of lentils on Sunday and take that instead of the wrap. Leftovers always work, or chicken wrap, I had a sweet potato today, or sometimes a salad with mixed greens, avocado, feta cheese olive oil and balsamic.
  • SabrinaLily
    Options
    This doesn't directly answer your question, but I do find it to be helpful. I found this link which kind of helps you vary up your meals and still have low calories. It didn't let me plug in the calories I WANTED to have, but their suggestions keep it low regardless. Just something fun if you wanted to check it out. Jenn :)

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/mix-and-match-meal-planner.asp