poll: do you eat enough vegetables in a day?

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yes. I sometimes wonder if I need to eat more fruit though.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I don't get enough veggies. I do get my fruit though

I am a full time student, have an internship, and 2 jobs. Forget cooking >.< And I don't care for most raw veggies
    I think i will live xD
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    My veggies consist of a lot of spinach and v8 low sodium... I try to mix some more in there... but those are my staples
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I do now!
    I usually start at breakfast, including a steamed vegetable.
    It's really satisfying!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Nope, i don't! Matter a fact, I barely eat them. Can't stand most of them cooked (even the smell)... I'm not forcing myself to eat something just because someone says I need to.. I know whats right for my body and really I don't have to have vegetables to be healthy.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    No
  • PamelaKuz
    PamelaKuz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love veggies. My problem is eating too many! Lol! I love this time of year, everyone is taking in their gardens and there are super fresh veggies everywhere.

Edit- I wonder if those of you who don't like them have ever had a carrot straight from the dirt? Or a tomato off the plant? They taste so much better than the ones in the store. I'm so lucky to live where there is lots of local produce.
  • rhall9058
    rhall9058 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    everyone knows they're good for you. I was just wondering if you feel like you're getting enough of vegetables (not fruit) in your diet each day.

Thanks!

I know I don't; however, I go for the Alive Max potency (veggies & fruits) multi vitamin. Is it enough, prolly not, does it make me feel better, not sure it helps, but I can tell the days I forget it. My focus is out of whack all day long!!
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Yes, have a plant-based lifestyle.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Nope, i don't! Matter a fact, I barely eat them. Can't stand most of them cooked (even the smell)... I'm not forcing myself to eat something just because someone says I need to.. I know whats right for my body and really I don't have to have vegetables to be healthy.

What do you eat if you don't eat any vegetables?
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I have enough fruit, but not enough vegetables. I have a salad everyday with about two cups of chopped mushrooms, tomatoes, carrots, and cucumbers but I really think I should be eating a veggie with dinner and lunch, in addition to my salad.

I try though!
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Yes I do I love vegtables...
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Yep. I make sure that I have 7-8 servings of fruits and veggies everyday.
  • nofailureallowed
    Options
    I eat veggies in every meal. I feel weird when I dont have them.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options

What do you eat if you don't eat any vegetables?

I eat very few vegetables, but mostly I eat low carb things, protein bars, meat, cheese, eggs.. and I love to sneak fruit in when I am having a good carb day! .. Banana or Apples are a favorite, or peaches!!

You will catch me from time to time eatng corn, or green beans... a good salad never hurts... but most days I don't touch vegetables.
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Pretty good about veggies because I usually have a big salad with lunch. But terrible about fruit. Almost never eat it...
  • sweetpeas2000
    sweetpeas2000 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I eat them every day, but I probably don't eat enough of them.
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Most days, yes!
  • lmschmitt63
    lmschmitt63 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    nope, with reason, I am allergic to most of the basic veg and don't like the ones I can have
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    mmmm veggies.......mmm protein yep LOVE both!

No reason why you can not eat a good diet with protein n veggies