I just canceled...

Options

Replies

• light_bulb99
    light_bulb99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did WW years ago without getting good results. More recently I have lost over 40lbs with Slimming World, which I found much easier to follow. But then I got stuck at the same weight for ages and, if I'm honest, I got a bit bored with it all. I cancelled about three months ago to save the money (and because I wasn't really sticking to it!) and gained a third of my weight back in just a few weeks :(

So glad to have found MFP - it's so easy to use and having friends online really motivates me, especially when it comes to exercising which I didn't really bother with before.
  • svelt123
    svelt123 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    SMART!!:drinker:
  • Danardeener
    Options
    I did the same thing!
  • nil8r
    nil8r Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing and found that switching to MFP created a better sense of accountability than the WW online plan. What probably had the biggest impact for me was going to see a doctor/nutritionist and making some significant dietary changes as a result (e.g. wheat free, deal with insulin issues).

I do think MFP is a great starting place for interesting and useful information and motivation.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I just cancelled my weight watchers subscription... I feel that it is easier to count cals then points... plus I feel like people are more friendly here then on the ww boards....plus.. I will be saving almost $20 a month...

I think calories is easier too. I think weight watchers was good back in the day before they had calorie counting apps like this
  • LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    I just cancelled my weight watchers subscription... I feel that it is easier to count cals then points... plus I feel like people are more friendly here then on the ww boards....plus.. I will be saving almost $20 a month...

WW sucked @ss!!
  • s50s
    s50s Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I would lose for the first month and then stayed the same. It was very frustrating. They never had an answer. Don't think I was eating enough. WELCOME MFP is great.
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    that counting points thing is ridiculous. take that 20 a month and save it up for new "at goal" dress! :-)
  • renehallen
    renehallen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did WW online for a while and succeeded, but of course gained the weight back. Recently I looked into WW online again and it was higher in price, plus, like you, I got sick of counting points. Been on this site for about 10 days and I really like it and especially like the fact that it's free. I don't want to pay anymore money to lose weight when I can do it on my own ... with a little help from my friends :)
  • Eddie274
    Eddie274 Posts: 156
    Options
    I'm an ex weight watcher too and much prefer mfp
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I was debating about joining WW ...but decided to just stick with MFP and REALLY try to stay at my calorie goal for the day...not eat more if I exercised more...just eat 1900-2000 cal/day and see what happens. I want to lose weight but I don't want to be OBSESSED with converting calories to points...plus not paying is a bonus. :)
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I never felt that the teachers there cared one way or the other whether I lost weight or not. When I struggled they would tell me I must not be following the program. My friends here are much more supportive and I have learned a lot about that is healthy and what is not. Welcome Aboard.
  • Jessieheha25
    Jessieheha25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi , I was thinking of rejoining ww as a friend of mine has recently had some success with it, but was put off by the cost. Had been trying meal replacement shakes with very little results, go to the gym most days (usually to do a cardio class, or for a run), was getting fed up and think I need to eat real food and few more cals. As a long term dieter :( I know what t should and shouldn't be eating, so hopefully logging everything will give me the motivation ( and results) I desire, really good to read peoples comments 
  • txbiker3616
    Options
    Canceled mine 2 days ago.... Money's tight and I can do this. With help...
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Good choice. WW teaches you nothing about healthy eating... Boxed and convenience foods that say 'Remove/pierce film lid' should not be considered fuel for the body you are trying to turn into a temple. :laugh:

Weight Watchers does teach healthy eating..either you did it back in the old days or have it confused with Jenny Craig or NutriSystem. Yes, there are frozen meals and packaged meals available under the WW name, but the focus is currently on eating more whole foods. I have lost close to 50lbs on WW, I hardly ever ate the package meals( usually only when I was at work, 7p-7a and it was a back-up for when I didn't have time to prepare my own meal from scratch.) I am transitioning to MFP so I have the $$ for Zumba classes and my gym membership. I needed the face-to-face to start but feel ready to go it with online support.
  • joanfudala
    joanfudala Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am a lifetime WW member who does not attend meetings. There isn't really any motivation for me to go anymore, but I always do better when I track my food and they have the extra accountability that I needed at first. The support here is great, but it is easy to fib on foods eaten, exercise completed, or current weight,
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am a lifetime WW member who does not attend meetings. There isn't really any motivation for me to go anymore, but I always do better when I track my food and they have the extra accountability that I needed at first. The support here is great, but it is easy to fib on foods eaten, exercise completed, or current weight,

Regarding your comment "but it's easy to fib on food, exercise, weight" .. you're only fibbing and lying to yourself. I'd call that denial. (not trying to badger you here .. ) But who else are you answering to here?

You can adjust your settings to private here - so no one can see your meals, weight, etc. You can also turn off the ticker that shows how much you've lost that some folks post with their comments on these boards. You can be as open as a book or as private as you desire. You can invite only certain friends to peek at your progress .. or just not.

I'm here to maintain my weight. I quit smoking Aug 17th .. and my concern was weight gain. I gained a little (not much really - all within my healthy range) So far .. so good. This is great here!

I'm 5'4 .. currently weighing in at 115 lbs. I generally float between 105-110 lbs -- but this is still a very good and healthy weight for me :happy:

Just be honest with yourself .. no need to fib. Remember .. you are only answering to yourself here .. not us. You do not have to disclose anything you don't want to the general public :flowerforyou:
  • CGPrincessWarrior
    CGPrincessWarrior Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am using MFP in conjunction with Weight Watchers and I LOVE doing both. I love the meetings and the accountability that that provides for me. I was not succeeding just doing the online part of WW but I had lost 75 pounds doing the meetings. I'm back at the meetings and doing this and I like them both. I stay off the message board on WW online but the meetings are amazing. I do love the nice people here on MFP but WW got me to eat better and exercise more and I will forever be thankful for them. There are flaws in every program, of course, but I like both of these and whatever is working works for me!!
  • sweetkeys
    sweetkeys Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Not every program works for everyone. I've found that WW worked for me. I still attend weekly meetings and weigh in whenever I'm in town. And I track daily - key to losing weight! And exercise, exercise, exercise and exercise some more. I love the accountability of the WW program and the face-to-face interaction at the meetings. The key is to find something that works and stick with it. it's not a diet - it's a lifestyle!!
  • vmsmith88
    Options
    Honestly, WW has always worked for me BUT I checked MFP, calculated & compared the calories for both & found that MFP would benefit me!

I only paid one months worth of WW & just used the book for all my points info. I didnt see the point in paying to go to a meeting to get motivated when I could just motivate myself FOR FREE!

So now I am just using MFP & Im sooo excited with the predictions its giving me if I stick with my calories!!!!! Im getting married in 36 days & I want look AWESOME in my dress & Im sure this is going to help!!!

Good luck to everyone!!!

Nothing to it but to do it!!!!!!:glasses: