Sports bra recommendations?

Options
2»

Replies

• Lizrobin3108
    Lizrobin3108 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I dispensed with the "sports" bra altogether. I really like the new bras made out of hosiery knit. They go by several names: Spanx has one, then there is the Ahh Bra. I have the Ahh Bra which is a little cheaper. you can find them in the drugstore for about $20/2 I'm well-endowed and I dislike jostling bouncing too much during exercise. It can be painful. It's a one piece with no plastic closures or clamps, and wide at the shoulder, a bit like wearing a bathing suit top, but more snugg. And it's padded, no nipple patrol. LOL.

It is very comfy and I don't really think about it. I've tried "sports" bras, but frankly their idea of support is crap. I'm looking at you Champion and Nike.

I'm about a 40D and I'm 5 ft.

Wal-mart also carries the Genie Bra. A pack of two for $20. They also have padding that you can easily take in and out. I love them! Granted they aren't very attractive but they work!
  • eljulia
    eljulia Posts: 40
    Options
    i was going to say exactly what Valerie and said about the Champion one with the molded cups. i had bought cheaper ones that ended up being the highly unattractive "uni-boob" but the newer style with molded cups has MUCH better support for my 40D needs, and they're under 20 bucks. Can't beat that price! And i love being able to own a couple of them since i get so stinking sweaty when i work out and they hand rinse out easily and dry quickly, so i've always got a clean one. i have one in black and one in white now. Great value for the price, and i got mine from Target. There's enough coverage to be comfortable.

And now i need to look up the one MommaKit put--an underwire one? that would be great support! The one i got at Target with the heavy molded cups doesn't have an underwire, is lightweight but plenty supportive, but an underwire would be better for the more boisterous type exercises i avoid. :-)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you get what you pay for with sports bras.. take it from someone with large boobs and who's been relying on sports bras for over 20 years.

i spend about $65 on a sports bra and that bra will last 12-18 months. i have a friend who buys the cheapie $20 ones that you have to wear 2 at a time and she has to replace 2-3 times a year. who pays less?

my favorite high impact bras are shock absorber and enell.

i think goddess, lululemon, elomi, moving comfort and underarmor might be good for up to d cups for high impact, but I'm a I cup and the most those brands can support me is for low impact stuff
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Thatnks for asking the question! I am a C/D cup and haven't found one I like. My daughter wears two. Which I don't like. Thanks for the suggestions!
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have gotten the champion at Target and Danskin from Walmart...both do fairly well - but the girls are shrinking with the weight loss so not as much to hold.
  • iluvtheocean
    Options
    Honestly I have looked and looked and looked...many are over priced and dont fit well..so what I use now is
    1. underwire bra I brought from the clearance rack at avenue.
    2. Rhonda Shears (hsn.com ) ahhhhh bra (2 at a time).

Hopefully as I get smaller I will find one that I like and is more affordable.

Hope this helps...!!!
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have a question for the ladies. I need a sports bra for a C cup that is a little thicker. I'd like support and less "headlights" when working out. Also - cost is certainly a factor right now as my clothing budget for the family is tight and I have a 2 year old who seems to grow out of something daily. :)

This one supports real well. It pretty much smashes me. 38D. I like it a lot. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AP3SNA/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i01 The black on is $26.00

I just got this one last week. I wish I had ordered a 38C. It is a little looser in the cup than I would like. I am a 38D in all my bras. I just like a real snug sports bra.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030BLIAM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 I think I paid $18.00 dollars for the beige one.

Good luck!
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    36DDD here and I bought a ShockAbsorber off Amazon - can't remember the cost but it wasn't a lot. It serves me great for running, jumping jacks, dancing, w/e. :)
  • fairykelly13
    fairykelly13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort makes some PHENOMENAL sports bras... Kept mine in place when they were DD's and my new ones work great now that I've lost weight (and boobage)

I got mine on Amazon... I like the Maia and the Luna