anyone?

Options
today i have just joined,i have lost a few pounds on my own but i need to get serious, many more still to loose, any advice would be great

Replies

• AnewNisha
    AnewNisha Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!

The number one thing I would definitely advise you to do is treat yourself (small portions of course ) everyday!!! Include it in your calories!!! You have to or you may end up going on a binge

Another important thing that I have to remind myself of from time to time is that if you fall off the wagon on a meal or even an entire day just remember there is always the next meal or the next day for you to jump back on the wagon and continue your weightloss journey!!!

Good Luck!!

15136227.png
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    My number one advice would be to be completely honest with yourself. Measure everything and log everything that goes into your mouth. Too many years we have lied to ourselves about exactly how much we actually ate. Once we figure out exactly what is going in, then we can figure out how to fix it.

Stick with it. Be patient.
  • KittyVonPurr
    Options
    Congratulations! I joined not too long ago and LOVE it, this makes it soooo easy to keep track of what you eat and your activity, just keep at it, you can do it!!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    1) eat right to lose weight
    2) exercise to get stronger, increase endurance and be healthier
    3) be patient
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Log your food as you go. You'll be more aware of how many calories you are eating and will prevent you from going over. Or, alternatively, preplan your food for the day.
  • strongershell
    Options
    Another piece of advice....get a support system. The motivation, inspiration and accountability will keep you going.
  • mcpjan
    mcpjan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats This place is a great place to be. I agree just be honest with tracking your food and exercise as you are only hurting yourself. I find using the mobile app really helps me. When I go out to eat I can look up things on the menu before I order to try and stay within my daily numbers. It is also important to remember we all have bad days just let them go and get back on track.
  • marcusg23
    Options
    Take little steps and celebrate small victories. I still get mad at myself for this but you have to start somewhere, right? Don't try and lose all the weight in one week! Whether it's food or exercise both should be done moderately, especially when you begin. Don't starve yourself with food and don't go to hard in the gym. This way you won't be starving and you won't be super tired. You'll feel good everyday and everyday it will get just a little bit easier. Good luck! And add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • willhare
    willhare Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My main advice is to be honest and log everything, regardless of whether you go under 500 calories or over 1,500 for a day.

You're only cheating yourself when you don't log. I know too many people who skip the "bad" days because they don't want to face the reality of what they REALLY put into their bodies. If you go over, log anyway. If it's Thanksgiving, log it all. In the end, you're aim needs to be to learn about food and how certain foods affect you.

Good luck and I hope MFP works for you! It definitely helped me a lot with not only losing weight, but keeping it off for nearly two years now! It's all about sticking with it, being honest, and not giving up…even when you've reached your goal.
  • ItsGoodToHaveGoals
    ItsGoodToHaveGoals Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My advice is to stay off the scale and focus on how your clothes fit and your measurements. Don't get frustrated, just put the little guy away and only bring him out every couple of weeks. Your clothes will tell you it's working. Promise.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile: