Camping Menu

My husband and I are going camping soon. It will just be the two of us this time around. I'm used to cooking for a large crowd and am finding some challenges finding recipies for only two people. I don't want to deal with leftovers in the sense of Dutch oven cooking or having to put warm leftovers on my ice & melting it faster than need be.

So far, I've packed veggies and sandwich stuff, potatoes/zuchini for the foil over the fire method. I have cheese & crackers and fruit. I know I could get by with sausages/chicken/burgers but I'm looking for something a little more inventive. I'd love to bring a piece of salmon but am leary of it stinking up my cooler - especially if we're in bear country. I did recently purchase a pie iron or two that we intend to try.

However, I'd like to stay on the healthier side if possible. I figure if I'm good the rest of the time I won't feel too bad about that smore around the campfire.

Any creative ideas?

Replies

• kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Breakfast ~Oatmeal and healthy cereal for breakfast. Hard boiled eggs.
    Kabobs for supper, warm up leftovers in the morning as a hash.
    I like chicken sausage with onions and peppers wrapped up on a Joseph's flax, oat bran pita. Thin & Trim make good sausages, a lot of flavors too.
    Have fun!