Withdrawals

Options
Ok. I need some thoughts here. I know that when you stop drinking caffeine, you can have "withdrawals". Headaches, etc. I haven't changed my caffeine intake any, as it was already fairly low. But I've completely revamped my eating habits, and am on day 3 of the changes. Could decreasing sugar, etc., also cause headaches, etc., withdrawal like symptoms?

Replies

• lukeevans85
    lukeevans85 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about headaches and such but I know for me when I've started fresh with better eating habits the first week or two I'm pretty short with people. I get easily annoyed for awhile and then eventually it sort of works itself out and I feel great.

I could see headaches and withdrawal like symptoms being entirely possible however.
  • Potts1024
    Potts1024 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response! I thought it seemed logical, but wasn't really sure. I'm fighting through the headaches.. not going to let that get in my way!!:happy:
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    There are seveal studies that have noted that sugar affects opioids and dopamine in the brain, and thus might be expected to have addictive potential. They noted that you could experience withdrawal symptoms. They are listed as mood swings, fatigue, headaches, disrupted sleep patterns, and sugar cravings.
  • elainepppp
    Options
    Hi withdrawals are natural. I should know!! I invented the Yo Yo effect. I am on day 3. I no sooner thought I am going on a diet today then I was starved. It is the same as quiting cigs or any habit. I get so bad that if I walk into a food store I can smell the candy no matter where it is. So hang in there. It does get some better.