Best at home exercises to drop weight??????

Options
Hi.....
I have always been very confused about what are the best workouts to loose weight from the privacy of one's home.....i understand there is hardly any substitution to the gym ...but still what other stuff can be done to burn those cals at home....!!!!?????

Replies

• mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' dvds! There are a ton of them. 30 Day Shred is only 25 mins long, but she has some that are 45 mins like No Trouble Zones or Extreme Shed. They are challenging and if they get easier, increase your weights.
  • sakchange
    sakchange Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh yaaa..!!!

I have heard some great stuff about jillian michaels's .....have u tried it???did it help u loose any???
    And also what must be done for toning simultaneously????
  • sakchange
    Options
    anyone else got ne idea????????
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    The best at home exercise to drop weight is to place both hands on the edge of the table and push away before dessert arrives..... seriously though weight (fat) loss is 80% diet. Exercise burns calories but, more importantly, improves fitness.

There are lots of exercises you can do at home, the only real limitations are space and budget and, of course, are guided by what your goals are.

If you're looking specifically for calorie burn it's hard to beat running. All you need is a good pair of properly fitting running shoes, comfortable clothing and the determination to get out there and do it.

If running isn't your cup of tea google body-weight exercises, you can achieve a pretty high level of fitness with calisthenics (push ups, planks, lunges, squats etc) and if you have the space and budget a decent weight bench and set of weights will open up a whole new realm of possibilities.
  • summerfool
    summerfool Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've been using Bob Harper's workout DVDs and I like them better than Jillian. His workouts are longer which is what I need to see any kind of results. Best of luck!
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    nevermind
  • sakchange
    Options
    yeah....i also heard about biggest looser yoga dvd...hw good is that?????//
  • vegas711
    vegas711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    P90X has worked for me.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi.....
    I have always been very confused about what are the best workouts to loose weight from the privacy of one's home.....i understand there is hardly any substitution to the gym ...but still what other stuff can be done to burn those cals at home....!!!!?????

Sex
  • sakchange
    Options
    nevermind what..??????
  • CRichards22
    Options
    TurboFIre! Started Jan of this year along with MFP and I'm down 71 pounds! All in the privacy of my own home office :tongue: If I can do it anyone can!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Honestly the best workouts are the ones that you are to stick with because you like doing them... I personally like Turbo Fire, Chalean Extreme, Turbo Jam, Zumba, etc...
  • lydt5880
    lydt5880 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • JolieJemmaMomma
    JolieJemmaMomma Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    jumping rope helps me
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I got fit at home. For me the gym (silly treadmill & at the time, being intimidated by the weight room) just wasn't going to work. With two little kids I started at home 1.5yrs ago. I started with ChaLEAN Extreme, LOVE IT!
  • sakchange
    Options
    TurboFIre! Started Jan of this year along with MFP and I'm down 71 pounds! All in the privacy of my own home office :tongue: If I can do it anyone can!

wow..!!!!!
    dats awsome!!!!!
    will explore more onto dis!!!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Walking... out of the kitchen
    Pushing... away the chips/cookies

You don't need exercise to lose weight.... weight loss happens because of a calorie deficit, not exercise.

On a side note, you can get just as good of a workout at home as you can at a gym.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    nevermind what..??????
    What Tilran said
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    P90X, Insanity, Slim in 6, TurboFire, TurboJam, I could go on and on. 65 pounds lost by working out in my home with minimal equipment (dumbbells, pull up bar, yoga mat) and went from 28% body fat to single digit body fat thanks to Beachbody programs and eating properly.
  • sakchange
    Options
    I got fit at home. For me the gym (silly treadmill & at the time, being intimidated by the weight room) just wasn't going to work. With two little kids I started at home 1.5yrs ago. I started with ChaLEAN Extreme, LOVE IT!

and u hv come a long way with it....dats awsome!!!!