I don't forum post (until now)-RUNNING NSV FOR ME TODAY!

Options
Sbehlmer
Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
I would just like to share quickly how happy I am today. :happy:

I started on my weight loss journey 5 months ago & have lost 65 pounds so far. The first day I exercised I walked 1 mile (and was out of breath just with that). I gradually increased my walking distance, going faster, until I was power walking. Then, with the motivation of some friends, I decided to try running (in my mind I thought NO WAY), but I tried it.....and kept trying it.......until eventually I was able to run 3.1 miles......did I stop (NO!!)....was I out of breath & thinking I would die (YES!!), but I kept on...,,,I ran 6 miles, and then one week I felt amazing and ran 8 miles (I've ran 6 miles a few times after that, but haven't done 8 miles again, but will try maybe this week again).

I decided I was going to run in my very first 5K race (which is a week from this Sunday)..so excited, but I've also decided I'm going to train for 7 months to run in a HALF MARATHON! :) (Am I the fastest runner out there, NOOOO......but I refuse to give up). I was getting a little frustrated because it seemed like I was stuck at "12 minute miles", BUT TODAY I moved up, & ran my fasted time ever, 11 minutes a mile--WHOOOHOOO!!! (I know slow to some, but to me it's a huge accomplishment).

I've also taken up ZUMBA classes, and LOVE IT!!! (and wow do they also burn the calories, and so much fun!!!)

The main reason for this post is to share with everyone NEVER GIVE UP!!! No matter how hard it may seem, keep pushing yourself, keep working towards that goal......WE CAN ALL DO THIS, & WE ARE!!! :drinker:

Like I said, I don't post in the forums, but was so happy I just wanted to share :smile:

Replies

• doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, Sue!

Your determination is very inspiring!

Which 5k are you doing in October? I ask because my wife and I are doing the Team Ortho Monster Dash at the end of October, 5k, and maybe you're doing the same one! :)
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    YAY! That is an awesome accomplishment!
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    Awesome job, Sue!

Your determination is very inspiring!

Which 5k are you doing in October? I ask because my wife and I are doing the Team Ortho Monster Dash at the end of October, 5k, and maybe you're doing the same one! :)

Thank you so much!! :smile:

I am doing the race at a local apple festival a week from Sunday. Wishing you & your wife an awesome run in your 5K!!! :happy:
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    YAY! That is an awesome accomplishment!

Thank you so much!!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    what a great accomplishment. Thanks for sharing!!!
  • GaryRussell123456
    GaryRussell123456 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Everyone who runs is awesome! Great job.
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    That's so inspiring! I accidentally won entries into a half marathon next March; I've started running three times a week and I hope to run as much of it as I can.
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    Thank you!! :)
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    That's so inspiring! I accidentally won entries into a half marathon next March; I've started running three times a week and I hope to run as much of it as I can.

Good luck in your half marathon!!! :)
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    Everyone who runs is awesome! Great job.

I agree :)
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I am using this plan to train for my first half and it is working pretty well. 6 months ago I was about 70 lbs heavier and smoking a pack a day. My knee has been a little swollen the last few days so I am taking a few days off but otherwise I see no problem running 13 miles. Won't be record pace but this body was built for style not speed :D

Good luck

http://halhigdon.com/training/51312/Half-Marathon-Novice-2-Training-Program
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!