What did you lose in your first week on program?

Options
I lost 5.5 lbs.:happy:

Replies

• lesliekorn
    Options
    2- looks like we're on the same track- lol. good job.
  • meferretti
    meferretti Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    2- looks like we're on the same track- lol. good job.

Congrats!!!
  • lahlie
    lahlie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I lost 3lbs.....
  • Notenispal
    Notenispal Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I just weighed in for the first time today and lost 4 lbs. I don't think thats too shabby for the first week! :)
  • meferretti
    Options
    I lost 3lbs.....

Nice job!!! Keep it up.
  • meferretti
    Options
    I just weighed in for the first time today and lost 4 lbs. I don't think thats too shabby for the first week! :)

Great job! 4 lbs is awesome.
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I lost 2! Can't wait to see my progress this week!
  • meferretti
    Options
    I lost 2! Can't wait to see my progress this week!

Great job. Keep it up.
  • Mandillynn
    Options
    I lost 6 lbs. Keep in mind though that when you lose a dramatic amount, it's most likely water weight. It's just going to get harder from here. I totally stopped drinking soda and switched to water. LOTS of water... lol!

I'm sure one pound of that is burned fat, but I'm not going to expect these results every weeks. Sure looks good when I step on the scale though. :laugh:
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I lost 6 lbs.....of WHAT, I dont know. But the scale was down 6 lbs
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    My very first week on MFP I didn't lose a damn thing! :glasses: BUUUT.....thank god I used the tape measure because I lost inches! :love:
  • SweetieBsMom
    SweetieBsMom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I lost 15.6lbs since Jan. 1st (I started really logging on MFP on the 4th). BUT let me say (A) I know that's not normal (B) I have a lot to lose (150lbs) & sometimes it comes off easier in the beginning and (C) I have been working 18 hour days/stressed to capacity for the last 14 days straight (including weekends) and I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. I'm sure my body will adjust now that my stress level is back to "normal". I'll see what week 2 brings when I weigh in on Monday but I'm tracking every morsel in MFP.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    It's VERY common to have a lot of weight come off in the beginning. Especially if you are trying to lose a lot of weight. Unfortunately it starts to slow down. :grumble:

I get jealous hearing some of you guys say you lost 5 and 10+ pounds in a couple weeks!
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    I weighed myself today, been on here for a little over a week.

Ten pounds.
  • embr
    embr Posts: 21
    Options
    also 10lb in little over a week, but have been drinking lots of water and working out more than usual!
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I lost 9 in my 1st week (this time around). I know my diet was heavy in fat and salt right up until the night before I began so I am certain most of that is "water weight". This morning I was up a half pound, I consider that my body correcting itself since my diet and activity hadn't changed for the week...so I am not at all discouraged by that. I will consider the next few weeks as a gauge to see if my changes are truly effective against the fat (not just the bloat :wink: )

Good luck and congrats to you all!!!
  • nessie994
    Options
    In the last week I lost 6 pounds! I am so excited!!!! I still have a long way to go, but this is a great start for me!
  • melodie700
    melodie700 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lost 2.8 lbs - which is very good for me - I lose very slowly
  • Katgod318
    Katgod318 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    4 lbs....not too shabby, but I know it won't be like that every time either.
  • Realtychic
    Options
    I have been on MFP for 5 days and lost 2.5 pounds...im so excited!! :)))
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!