BELLY FAT! LOTS OF BELLY FAT!

Options
Hey folks! Does anyone have the inside scoop on targeting belly fat? Maybe it's dependent on age, sex, etc.? I'm a guy in my early 30's and it seems like EVERYTHING I eat goes straight to my gut. What doesn't go to my gut ends up in my neck and inner thighs, but mostly the belly. Are there some good exercises, certain foods to eat/not eat? PLEASE HELP!

Replies

• MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    You can't target belly fat. Do some cardio (run, walk, swim, whatever), especially lift weights or strength train (it's very important)....keep a calorie deficit. Where you lose weight depends on your genes. Unfortunately for me, belly fat is the last thing to go.

Good luck!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as you, my belly seems the be the target area of my fat storage. It turns out that the first place you gain fat is the last place you'll lose the fat. Work on losing some of the fat first and then add in toning exercises for definition. Stay away from foods that cause bloat - pop, foods high in sodium, foods you might be allergic to such as dairy or gluten products (which can make your stomach swell and look even bigger). Drink tons of water.
  • mitzhogue
    mitzhogue Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I hear 30DS helps alot with bellies.