Runners-toenail HELP!!

2»

Replies

• MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Clip it as far back as you can then bandaid it and please keep socks on... jk you can paint the skin(nail polish) once it heals a bit and most guys (myself) will never notice.

ROFLOL!!!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Thanks to everyone who answered. I got some good advice and a good laugh or two. I am ready for my candy now, please.
  • It could be the shoes you wear. I used to always lose toenails once I stepped up to marathon distance in my running (and I always got fitted at the running store), there would always be at least four to five toenails in various stages of dying! Then as I was planning on doing an ultra-marathon earlier this year I researched shoes and tried a totally different shoe, it worked a treat! I haven't lost any toenails over marathon distance and above while training for the ultra then surprisingly over the 82kms event my toe nails came away unscathed.

Oh yeah and black nail polish was my best friend in summer, just painted the skin if there was no nail to paint :happy:
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Rip it off fast like a bandaid!
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Rip it off fast like a bandaid!

:huh:

Please don't actually do this lol. You'll hurt yourself. When I lost a toenail from walking all day (it was cold and wet and I didn't expect to be out all day) I just trimmed it to where it was attached, filed the top a little so there wasn't a jarring difference for my socks to catch on, and stuck a bandaid on it. I painted it not too long later - the skin callouses a bit so you can't tell once it's painted (toes are funky looking anyway!).