Today sucked

toomanykids
toomanykids Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I am really trying to lose weight so my wedding gown that I purchased for my 20 yr vow renewal will still fit come August. Unfortunately today sucked. And I had my cake. I am old, tired, and I have 4 kids all over the age of 18. Im 40 and well it is time to lose my booty. Im trying to do this on my own but my husband is gone all the time so there is no support there. Im avoiding the scale it is the devil.

Replies

• ccounts
    ccounts Posts: 57
    I hear you. Forget about August for the time being. Focus on just today. You can do it just today. Give the cake away if you have any left. Just that act alone will be empowering. You can do this!
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    You did the right thing by coming to these message boards for support. We all have days like this. Hang in there.
  • rfsahae
    rfsahae Posts: 68 Member
    Here are some nice things about NOT having your husband at home:
    1. You can hide all the things he likes to eat, that you can't eat, on the way back bottom shelf of the fridge.
    2. If you feel hungry you can take a hot shower. Four times a day if you like. He's not there to think you are nuts.
    3. You can slip a real chick flick movie into the DVD player and get lost in it - - maybe even forget you are hungry.
    4. Better yet, go into the bedroom, brush your teeth, get into pajamas and watch the DVD in there.
    5. If you don't want to cook a big dinner you can just reheat yesterday's chicken breast, grab an apple, three pretzels and a diet hot chocolate and you're done!
    I think what I'm trying to say is that I lose weight faster when he's traveling. LOL.
    But I hope some of my tips are helpful.
  • yes i am hearing you the scales are the devil as well as the camera :) These boards defintely look like it can help i am new to this as well so i will keep a eye out for you take care
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    It's OK to have a bad day, just hand in there and get back at it tomorrow! This is a great place to come for support.
  • clwasmer
    clwasmer Posts: 57 Member
    I hear you! Wow you sounded like me! You are going to be so beautiful on your Day!!This is a wonderful place to go for support,we are all in this together.
  • shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Hey!You have SEVEN months to work on that dress!
    Congratulations on your 20 year anniversary!Picture yourself looking tiny and beautiful in that dress everyday!
    Calculate the calories in that cake and exercise to erase them! Maybe 45 minutes on an exercise bike?Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.