mmmm 10 calorie protein shake mix in idea :) yummm

Options
Seriously, I made a banana cinnamon bun protein shake today. And it blew my socks off. (almost literally.) Duncan Hines has these "frosting mix ins" that you're supposed to put into frosting to make the frosting a different flavor (I know, how many times can I say frosting in one sentence? frosting.) anyway, they are 10 calories a piece and I took one of them (the "cinnamon bun" flavor and put it in my vanilla protein shake with a frozen banana and it was SPECTACULAR. I tried the pumpkin spice one too and it was great! I'm going to try the cotton candy one tomorrow and I got a mint one too and gonna try to make a Shamrock shake with that one. Seriously, only 10 extra calories. It made my protein shake soooo yummmy! Anyway I thought I'd put that out there :)

Happy protein shake making!! Picture below!

404140034.jpg

Replies

• gebe1231
    gebe1231 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Mmmm....that sounds like a great idea! I've gotta check those out! Thanks!
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    They work out great and they're so yummy!!
  • KateParker01
    KateParker01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is where I get very jealous of my american cousins across the pond! We just can't buy this sort of stuff over here in the UK, and they sound like such an easy way to create variety in the shake department :-)
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Seems like a great way to add flavoring to shakes or desserts without the artificial sugars--as long as the artificial flavorings aren't a problem, I say go for it big!

Serving Size: 1 packet (3g)
    Servings per Container:
    Amount Per Serving
    %DV
    Calories: 10
    Calories from Fat 0
    Total Fat: 0g 0%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol: 0mg 0%
    Sodium: 0mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrate: 3g 1%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 1g
    Protein: 0g

Natural and Artificial Flavor, Dextrose, Color (Yellow 5 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Soy Lecithin, Blue 2 Lake)

Contains: Soy
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    This is where I get very jealous of my american cousins across the pond! We just can't buy this sort of stuff over here in the UK, and they sound like such an easy way to create variety in the shake department :-)

OMG I know!!!!
    And when you look at perhaps ordering online & getting it shipped over here, the shipping is like 3x the price of the item your actually buying :frown: