Introducing myself

Options
Hello, I'm newly retired, 62, female, wish to lose 100 lbs and I write. There's a disconnect between the active person I am in my minds eye and the actual person who has a hard time motivating herself to get out of the hours and get 1/2 to 1 hour exercise per day. I do exercise at home and do fidgeting at the computer to burn off more calories online. I am a recent retiree and it's been an adjustment not having a job to go to and where I got a lot more exercise. I just moved to Seattle about 3 months ago and am getting settled in. Good luck and blessings to all of us in our quest for self-transformation. Thank you in advance for your encouragement and shared wisdom.

Replies

• texassquirt
    Options
    Congratulations on your retirement! Seattle is such a pretty place to live. I wish you many many blessings on the beginning of the new you! I would like to encourage you with one piece advice: A thousand mile journey starts with one step. Don't think of 100 pounds...as a monumental task. Start slow...exercise for 10 minutes and add to it each day. Find an execise you enjoy. When you find something you enjoy, the time will fly!

I am four years from retirement! I too have 100 pounds to lose. I feel every hour I follow the MyFitnessPal program, the stronger I am. I know it will take time to take it off at my age....but I am doing it right this time. My daughter told me about this program on October 1st and me and my husband started it immediately. He has lost 12 pounds in 2 days and I've lost 5. We love this program.

I look forward to hearing about your transformation. Best of luck!