do i look asian?

Options

Replies

• SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    I've gotten this a couple of times too. I think it's just the eyes. Either way I don't care. It's all good.
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    oh lord please look at a map.

asians are more than just squinty eyes
    settle...
    im not saying that squinty eyes are all there is to them, im saying that that is the only characteristic i have that i feel is similar to their features
  • shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I went online dating and one of the guys I dated basically turned up said "Oh I thought you looked more asian in your photos" and pretty much did a runner!

Sometimes friends say some of my photos can make me look slightly oriental but I have no idea why they say that. I don't have the charateristics. Also I have been told I looked like Christina Ricci and some other actress who played a lesbian off a british soap that doesn't air.

The only person I look like is my identical twin sister. Funny she doesn't get those comments...
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I assume you refer the word "Asian" to mean people from East & Southeast Asia which judging from your profile pic, you don't look Asian at all. You may have small eyes but still not enough to be considered "Asian". In addition there are Asians who have round eyes. Now if you mean Asian to include the entire continent that includes most of Russia, Central Asia & the Middle East then I think you will fit into the Russian part.

I know that for a lot of Americans, they think of Asia to mean China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand etc. (sometimes even excluding Indians & Pakistanis) but that is only the easternmost part of Asia. The Middle East, Central Asia & the majority of Russia are also part of Asia & are technically called Asians, whether you like it or not.

EDIT: Which is why I find it really stupid & useless to create damn labels to classify minorities in the US.
  • seed_of_wonder
    Options
    No offense, you don't look Asian.... but you are pretty.
    no worries, im not offended. i dont mind either way. & thank you :)
  • BBehnke84
    BBehnke84 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I assume you refer the word "Asian" to mean people from East & Southeast Asia which judging from your profile pic, you don't look Asian at all. You may have small eyes but still not enough to be considered "Asian". In addition there are Asians who have round eyes. Now if you mean Asian to include the entire continent that includes most of Russia, Central Asia & the Middle East then I think you will fit into the Russian part.

I know that for a lot of Americans, they think of Asia to mean China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand etc. (sometimes even excluding Indians & Pakistanis) but that is only the easternmost part of Asia. The Middle East, Central Asia & the majority of Russia are also part of Asia & are technically called Asians, whether you like it or not.

EDIT: Which is why I find it really stupid & useless to create damn labels to classify minorities in the US.

I find it stupid and useless to label any american as a "minority"
    Options

I find it stupid and useless to label any american as a "minority"
    YES I agree. Anyone who is a citizen of the US is an American regardless if you're racially Black, White, 'Hispanic' or 'Asian'. If they're claiming it for census purposes or to gain scholarships or assistance then they should have asked more on the financial status of a person rather than his race.
  • seed_of_wonder
    Options

sorry i didnt use proper terminology, my intentions were only to ask a simple question. why the hostility?
    Options
    sorry i didnt use proper terminology, my intentions were only to ask a simple question. why the hostility?
    I know what you mean so don't worry.

And the second paragraph isn't directed at you. I'm not being hostile here, am just correcting some wrong notions about Asians. Sorry if I sound harsh. :embarassed:
  • ShwetaK2130
    ShwetaK2130 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You look pretty .. The nose piercing gives a little asian look ...
    But you are gorgeous..
    And yes m Asian .. :wink:
  • seed_of_wonder
    Options
    I know what you mean so don't worry.

And the second paragraph isn't directed at you. I'm not being hostile here, am just correcting some wrong notions about Asians. Sorry if I sound harsh. :embarassed:

oh alright, its all good then :)
  • waynetedwards
    waynetedwards Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i posted a picture of myself on my tumblr blog & it got reblogged on to an all asian blog... why, i dont know.
    so just wondering if anyone actually thinks i look asian or what.

I don't think you look asian, but you definitely sound dumb as ****. Maybe they liked your picture or something, probably the most unnecessary post I've ever seen made on this website ever.
  • seed_of_wonder
    Options
    i posted a picture of myself on my tumblr blog & it got reblogged on to an all asian blog... why, i dont know.

I don't think you look asian, but you definitely sound dumb as ****. Maybe they liked your picture or something, probably the most unnecessary post I've ever seen made on this website ever.

youre definitely quick to judge. it is posted under chit-chat, fun, and games... everything under this category is quite unnecessary.
  • BBehnke84
    BBehnke84 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Haha word...
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options

if anything, ive got squinty eyes but they must have been high or something :laugh:

Nope, not at all. Maybe they forgot to type the 'cauc' part.
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    This thread got way too serious....

Back to the OP: I am surprised that people mistake you for being of Asian descent.
  • primadonnah
    Options
    No, you don't look asian to me :D
    I am also told that I look asian by quite a lot of people (I would love to look like one, but oh well..)
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I am also told that I look asian by quite a lot of people (I would love to look like one, but oh well..)
    @primadonnah - you could pass as asian/caucasian, in an attractive way.:smile:
  • seed_of_wonder
    Options

you do have a bit of an asian look. you kind of look like mulan actually...
    mulan.jpg
    yeah? maybe?